Mockle's Templar 40K Space Marine

Mockle

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Been a long over due obsession to do one of these Been communicating with members, have found out a great deal A long time been great had a great time.

I'm wanting a Black temper look but with my concept:

Last edited:
Re: Templer 40K Space Marine pre organization build

Unless you have a really tiny head, you may want to look at some of the 2nd and 3rd edition art as inspiration.

Re: Templer 40K Space Marine pre organization build

lol I have the specks I'm double checking all should be good.

Re: Templer 40K Space Marine pre build setup

I'm curious; if you aren't a Wahammer 40k fan, why the desire for the armor? It seems like a ton of money and time to sink into something you don't seem like you're that into.

I don't play the game or have thousands of figures.. I have many of friends that are crazy about it.... Me, Just like the build :D

Last edited:

I'm curious; if you aren't a Wahammer 40k fan, why the desire for the armor? It seems like a ton of money and time to sink into something you don't seem like you're that into.

You asked me this same question in a similar thread I posted a while back and I have to ask you why it's so important for someone to play the game to make a SM costume. I don't play the game either and I'm also not Iron Man and I built one of those costumes. If we want to make the costume that's it and our relationship with the game shouldn't really make a difference to you at all.

I don't play warhammer game either but I like the armor so I build one.

Thanks Fellas, I hope to be soon working on this....working out some details..

some options Im looking at:

Last edited:

I just started a space marine

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386509023756.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386509023756.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 496

good start :thumbsup Im going to be doing a foam build just assembling items as I can.. love to see more I have learned allot on this how deep it can really get. Still have some confusion into the chapters but figured out a ton on the Templars..;)

Re: Templar 40K Space Marine pre build setup

That was just a mock up but iam going to carry on now in foam as well starting the build Tuesday

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Very excited to see you doing Black Templars! Played years back and picked their chapter for my figures mainly because they looked sweet, so naturally I can't wait to see your finished product. I am curious though if anyone has ever done an emperor's champion build from this chapter :) Good luck!

Awesome to see more SpaceMarine builds !

Good luck with the build bro, good to read you are using foam.

My 1st build was in fibreglass, doing a 2nd build now in foam and would never think of using fibreglass again.

I'm looking to build a full sized marine Shoulder pad and am struggling to find any sort of template at the moment or indead any consensus on what is the best template, I have a pending registration at obsuricus at the moment and am wondering if could pick people's brains a bit I guess, as for the build itself have you ever thought about looking to European L.A.R.P weapon design for building the weapons.

Basically a Fibreglass or Carbon Fibre rod as the centre for rigidity usua;lly around 14mm thick, then using LD40 foam to shape the weapon itself then painted and latexed. I have seen some amazing stuff done by a few people in that style. if you google Death Unto Darkness their forum has a load of pics of an artifakes khornate bloodaxe and a two handed Sister of Battle Chainsword.

I'm not really much help in terms of building them but I can dig out a couple of my guides if theres any interest? the bonus of the Larp style construction is that with pulled blows you get something that's fight safe which is always cool, just imagine a duel between a CSM and an SM with Bolter and Chainblade outside a con.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back