MKV Deep Sea Diving Helmet

Roboto

1/6 scale MKV Deep Sea Diving Helmet. I have been working on this for a while and thought I'd post out to see if anyone has similar interests. It's similar to the helmet in Men of Honor. Designed in Solidworks - Printed on Alaris 30.

1-6MKVHelmet.jpg

Cool I've never seen that movie. I'll have to add it on Netflix. I'm always a fan of diving helmets. Something mythic/mystic/magical about em lol Did you design it from scratch in solidworks or imported a pic or scan something? What are your plans with it? The MKV is probably the most famous looking diving helmet and I'm thinking someone makes them in cast metal/milled out already?

@ IED Thanks for feedback. I am working on putting this into a resin kit. I am class 86-40-2C was EOD from 86' to '92. Website with Diver stuff:

www.deepseaartworks.com

It was designed in Solidworks from an original MKV from the Naval Historical Center in DC. Used a Coordinate-measuring machine to get the dimensions, etc. Then imported into Solidworks. It's about 46 parts to get it all together.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back