MKV Deep Sea Diving Helmet

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by Roboto, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Roboto

Roboto Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

1/6 scale MKV Deep Sea Diving Helmet. I have been working on this for a while and thought I'd post out to see if anyone has similar interests. It's similar to the helmet in Men of Honor. Designed in Solidworks - Printed on Alaris 30.

[​IMG]

2. T2SF

T2SF Well-Known Member

Cool I've never seen that movie. I'll have to add it on Netflix. I'm always a fan of diving helmets. Something mythic/mystic/magical about em lol Did you design it from scratch in solidworks or imported a pic or scan something? What are your plans with it? The MKV is probably the most famous looking diving helmet and I'm thinking someone makes them in cast metal/milled out already?

3. IEDBOUNTYHUNTER

IEDBOUNTYHUNTER Sr Member

Sweet as a navy diver i would love to have one. Looks awesome. Let me know if its possible to get one.

Al

4. Roboto

Roboto Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

@ IED Thanks for feedback. I am working on putting this into a resin kit. I am class 86-40-2C was EOD from 86' to '92. Website with Diver stuff:

www.deepseaartworks.com

It was designed in Solidworks from an original MKV from the Naval Historical Center in DC. Used a Coordinate-measuring machine to get the dimensions, etc. Then imported into Solidworks. It's about 46 parts to get it all together.

5. IEDBOUNTYHUNTER

IEDBOUNTYHUNTER Sr Member

Eod. My brother. Awesome. Good to have another crab in the house. Let me know about a kit. Or ill even take one printed out.

Al