Mint Graflex sells for $760.00 on Ebay!!!

I've been watching that auction (I'm sure most of us were),and was surprised when it passed $500 but $760 is insane. It was a true beauty, practically NOS, but that price still is outrageous. Yikes!

So glad I got my Graflex flashes around 17 years ago. One could still get one fairly cheap at antique shops, camera specialty shops and even pawn shops. I got my very first Graflex 3 cell from a camera shop for $30 back in 1998.

Today was the day for record breakers - a stylus brush for £400 ....I did cheer for that sale though, even though I wasn't bidding.

Some people want it that bad, I guess. I hope they don't end up with buyer's remorse because its doubtful they'd ever get their money back if they tried to resell it.

That just makes the 3-cell that I bought off of Iicarris in the Junkyard for $125 that got lost in transit last month sting just a little more... Mind you this one was nowhere near mint... But it still stings just the same :(

I think the accoutrement had some to do with it...not THAT much to do with it, but an extra $100-ish (just my opinion).

Also, I think it bares (sp?) repeating, for any Graflex shoppers, it would behoove you to read the entire Graflex Vs. Replica thread by scottjua, here:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=144206&highlight=Scottjua+Graflex

Be very aware of what you are buying before committing to that "bid" click. And that is not to say that a replica has no value either. They are worth a bit too, but if you are looking for a genuine one, it will really help to be aware of the tell-tale differences.

Last edited:
Today was the day for record breakers - a stylus brush for £400 ....I did cheer for that sale though, even though I wasn't bidding.

...which is absolutely crazy, since transcriptor.eu offers these for about 160 GBP NEW!!!

Back the days when I bought my first graflex´s, prices were between $250-500 (incl. s&h to germany). Got my last two for $200 ea.

Markus

Markus

I think the accoutrement had some to do with it...not THAT much to do with it, but an extra $100-ish (just my opinion).

Also, I think it bares (sp?) repeating, but for any Graflex shoppers, it would behoove you to read the entire Graflex Vs. Replica thread by scottjua, here:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=144206&highlight=Scottjua+Graflex

Be very aware of what you are buying before committing to that "bid" click. And that is not to say that a replica has no value either. They are worth a bit too, but if you are looking for a genuine one, it will really help to be aware of the tell-tale differences.

Which is why the RE replicas should have some kind of tell...I am sure Roman will make them indistiguishable from the real deal ;).

Markus

You guys in the US are lucky to live where you do. Those suckers are far more rare over here in Europe as they are in the US, I think.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back