Minority Report Sonic Shotgun

Gordon Gekko

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
One of my all time favorite props is the "Sonic Shotgun" from Minority Report.

dvd_caps052.jpg

Just some quick pics as I near the end of a verrrry long road with this prop. Back in 2007, a fellow member provided me with invaluable resources that have allowed me to complete this. I will not say who, but if he would like to chime in, please feel free. I have been puttering on and off this project ever since. But it's about time I got it done!

Combination of CNC, laser cutting and vacuum formed parts.

Right now, everything in the pics is stuck on with double sided tape. After a bit more cleanup it will be on to molding, casting and final paint where it will really come alive.

MR01a.jpgMR01.jpg
MR02.jpgMR03.jpg
MR04.jpgMR05.jpg

Hope you like it.

-GG

That's really nice. One of my favorite props as well from one of my favorite movies.
Will you be considering a run once your done with your own shotgun ?

I like It allot. I always thought It was wild the way the gun Is reloaded I guess. twirling around like an old John Wayne movie..

Dropped off on this one for awhile. I ended up completely replacing the primary barrel on this. Some areas, I was never happy with and after a few more hours of staring at photos, I realized some areas were just plain wrong.

Anyway. The almost final version. (clickie for biggie)

MinRep02.jpgMinRep01.jpg
MinRep03.jpgMinRep04.jpg
MinRep05.jpgMinRep06.jpg
MinRep07.jpg

I gotta say, at this point I am pretty satisfied with it. On to paint!!

-GG

Dropped off on this one for awhile. I ended up completely replacing the primary barrel on this. Some areas, I was never happy with and after a few more hours of staring at photos, I realized some areas were just plain wrong.

Anyway. The almost final version. (clickie for biggie)

View attachment 502540View attachment 502539
View attachment 502541View attachment 502542
View attachment 502543View attachment 502544
View attachment 502545

I gotta say, at this point I am pretty satisfied with it. On to paint!!

-GG

This is great.
Can I ask how you achieved the very clean line cuts into the discs where the grip and barrel connect, it is impressively sharp.

This is great.
Can I ask how you achieved the very clean line cuts into the discs where the grip and barrel connect, it is impressively sharp.

Thanks. Just a good print in multiple parts. That's the main reason I redid the whole thing. I need to get those details in the model and my original cnc'ed parts didn't have it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back