Millennium Falcon crew 1/40th scale

Ozzy don't have any suggestions for your second casting attempt but you are very close to hitting the mark for sure! Nevertheless you have 'the bases loaded' and you are on 'home plate' ready to hit it out of the ball park to make four man homerun, yes sir! No pressure because you are already in the zone! I can hardly contain myself! :thumbsup :lol

p.s. Also still very interested in a set! ;-)

Last edited:
Ozzy... Mate you need to put some air holes in the mold. When you lay them in clay, just unbend a paperclip and stick it so it's touching the hands. Then out to the outside wall. Then cast your two piece mold as you have. That way there will be a funnel/air tube for the air to escape when the resin is pushed in. Make sure the paperclip goes up toward the same wall as the pour spout. That way when you separate the molds you will have two thin tubes of resin to trim off the hands and that's it. Does that make sense?

Thanks JD, yes that does make sense. I will have to mould again. But before I do, I have shipped off my failed casts to someone who has a 32inch MR to ensure the size is correct. Will makeany adjustments based on that.

PS: JD I was just about to PM you to thank you for your last PM to me. Bit slow at the moment reading and responding, so thanks for the offer of help. I need to learn how to do this for my Falcon parts so I will persist.

Thanks for everyones comments and to those who have waited.

Ozzy

Last edited:
This scale comes from the research that I did when I commissioned cyberman to sculpt the pilots for my MR Falcon. 1/35 scale is too large so after lots of different tests, we found that 1/40th was a perfect size for Han and Chewie to fit into the seats.

Chris

Why did you choose this scale? Is there a 1/40th scale kit out there that I am not aware of?

Hi all,
Just dropping in to let you know that I have not given up on these. tnaig001 had helped me fit the figures in his MR Falcon cockpit a month ago, but life had taken over and I have not been able to make the adjustments yet.
I do hope to make the changes and add last details tomorrow if nothing comes up (Have said that before though). But as my work commitments have kept me from everything but work related activities including weekends, and will continue to do so for some months, I will have to pass these on to someone else to cast and supply.
Thanks for sticking with me.
Ozzy

Hi all,
Just dropping in to let you know that I have not given up on these. tnaig001 had helped me fit the figures in his MR Falcon cockpit a month ago, but life had taken over and I have not been able to make the adjustments yet.
I do hope to make the changes and add last details tomorrow if nothing comes up (Have said that before though). But as my work commitments have kept me from everything but work related activities including weekends, and will continue to do so for some months, I will have to pass these on to someone else to cast and supply.
Thanks for sticking with me.
Ozzy

Hey, Ozzy 'we' completely understand sir ... That's LIFE! Take care of those things that pays the bills first ... right? ... right!

We will be waiting patiently upon your return to this project, my friend! :love

Be well always, -Ben G.

Hi

I have had a chance to re-shape the figures against the casts tnaig001 has reworked to fit the MR seats. I also tried again to cast them. I failed again to get a good casting.

So anyone who wishes to put their hand up send me a PM.

SANY2276.jpg

SANY2270.jpg

SANY2272.jpg

Hopefully we can get this sorted soon.

Ozzy

Hi,

As I was unable to cast the figures myself enaswede offered to take over the process. The figures have been finaly cast and are being supplied by enaswede here:

http://www.therpf.com/f13/master-replica-millennium-falcon-cockpit-figures-162153/

I am told they fit fine in the chairs, and can be placed directly through the windows with no adjustments. Keep in mind that everyones MR falcon cockpit joy sticks etc may be placed differently (I didnt have one while sculpting these). And also I am only a beginner sculpter.

01.jpg

Thanks for waiting.

Ozzy

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back