MILLENNIUM FALCON 5' REPLICA

Those doorstops/bookends are awesome! Can you post an image of a part breakdown? Do they print as two large pieces or are they assemblies? Thanks!

Here u go...I tried printing them as one piece but it doesn't really work...too much support material needed;
You can see the separate parts, on this one

FALCON LAMPS 4.jpg
FALCON LAMPS 5.jpg

This is the first time commenting here. I've been following this thread for a while and I even purchased the files on Etsy! I have one question... What colors did you use on the falcon? More importantly, what is the base color? I've searched and couldn't and can't find it. I do searches online and everything is different. What would you suggest? Thank you.

This is the first time commenting here. I've been following this thread for a while and I even purchased the files on Etsy! I have one question... What colors did you use on the falcon? More importantly, what is the base color? I've searched and couldn't and can't find it. I do searches online and everything is different. What would you suggest? Thank you.
They are all Archive X colours...Reefer white, Boxcar red etc...I think they sell them as a dedicated falcon paint kit with all the original colours used

Everything is sold out, but good to know it's there.

OK sorry for the hiatus on this build but there was a re-stocking issue with the paints, which are from Guy at Archive -X. I have to say if u are looking to paint any Star Wars model then do not do so without these paints! They are perfect colours...exactly what u are hoping for when undertaking a prop like this. Really nice paint to use from a brush or air brush, great opacity and durability. I used the enamel range and boy, did they deliver for me. They look authentic to the period and just feel right.

Anyway here she is, finished.
First the initial blocking in of the plate colours and some washes, topical damage, etc
View attachment 1272205 View attachment 1272206
Then adding the dish/rings and the rest of the damage, scratches, carbon scoring with yet more weathering/decals
View attachment 1272207
View attachment 1272208
View attachment 1272209
View attachment 1272210
View attachment 1272211 View attachment 1272212
View attachment 1272213

I'll be sure to get some better pics once she's in her new home but I want to say a huge thanks to everybody on the RPF who helped on this project...I had a blast making her
Wow, I'm inspired to dig out the Resin printer. Just great work! Thanks for sharing!

This is interesting and weird to me at the same time: Archive-X Y-Wing Paint Set (15 Bottles) - Newtype

Y-Wing Paint Set

On this page, it says, "We recommend 1975 SP Daylight Red for the marking of Red Jammer."

I was under the impression that "Caboose Red" was the original Floquil color used on Red Jammer. Did something change, has new information come to light, or am I misinformed? Or are these two colors so close that it's hard to know which interpretation is the right one?

Eager to hear any/all opinions on this, especially from Akumazeto -- among the world's best studio scale Star Wars replica prop painters -- despite being banned from this site.

Cheers,

SK

I've just found this thread and have been drooling over it for the last 24 hours - amazing work!

You mention in the very first post you used the 'CAD model produced by Andre and Joshua' for the superstructure. Can you provide any links to that?

Again, fantastic work - I am blown away and inspired!

Cheers,

Grant

I've just found this thread and have been drooling over it for the last 24 hours - amazing work!

You mention in the very first post you used the 'CAD model produced by Andre and Joshua' for the superstructure. Can you provide any links to that?

Again, fantastic work - I am blown away and inspired!

Cheers,

Grant

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back