MILLENNIUM FALCON 1:6 SCALE

As someone who has spent significant time in the Archives especially with the 5ft falcon there, I am utterly floored by your build mate. The sheer amount of work, the attention to detail and the scale is jaw dropping.

Highest regards
MARK

My Geek Lotto list:

5' Falcon

5' USS Excelsior

10' USS Enterprise E

1/6 Falcon

1/6 Y wing

1/6 U wing

1/1 (Yes 1/1) Jabba with Throne

1/1 Max Rebo band. OT not SE crap

Just to start.

More:

1/6 Black Pearl

1/6 Blade Runner police Spinner

1/6 Serenity

30' Star Destroyer. Classic ISD. Not Executor or new stuff.

1/1 Speeder Bike

1/1 TaunTaun

1/1 Batman Begins Tumbler (Batmobile). Fully drivable with as close as possible screen accurate interior.

I think that's it.

Geek LMK what that will all run and how long it will take. You may need to clear a chunk of your calendar.

Thanks

Sorry, two things I forgot.

S.S. USS Enterprise A model. I believe 6' or 8' long

1/1 Fall Guy Truck.

Thanks.

I am done now. I kind of promise.

I can't remember if I asked this but on a serious note is this a rich person's collection and they just like showing it in a museum, bring in a little money, etc. or does this museum really bring in enough money to pay for all these displays, building, insurance, etc?

The space to properly display just this and the Slave I would be a bit of coin. The place must be huge!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note I assume this is shipping in halves to the museum?

If so will you fully assemble it for test fit first or do that at the museum?
Yep, will try to assemble before shipping to dry fit all remaining pieces and hope everything lines up
Do you have any more pictures of the cockpit?
I shot a few with the lights on but they're not great. U can see why they left the glass off the filming prop
7BPBMMOl.jpg

bUgnqJNl.jpg

9Qd62GAl.jpg
mSvwlZDl.jpg

As someone who has spent significant time in the Archives especially with the 5ft falcon there, I am utterly floored by your build mate. The sheer amount of work, the attention to detail and the scale is jaw dropping.

Highest regards
MARK
Cheers Mark...same as u, spent many melon noodling hours going thru kit scans/ref pics
I can't remember if I asked this but on a serious note is this a rich person's collection and they just like showing it in a museum, bring in a little money, etc. or does this museum really bring in enough money to pay for all these displays, building, insurance, etc?

The space to properly display just this and the Slave I would be a bit of coin. The place must be huge!!!!!!!!!!
The museum is unique...there is nothing like it, particularly in Europe, and even the states I would say. It is that rare thing...borne out of love for Star Wars and not remotely commercial, but so well done that everyone comes to visit

GEEK1138 ( and it seems disrespectful to call you by that so I am going to address you as Sir Master modelmaker ).
If there were giving out the Nobel prize for modelmaking, I’d petition strongly on your behalf. Any studio scale model building is difficult but man, this is at a whole new level. you should be incredibly proud of your work. The great thing is that it’s going to a museum where its going to be admired and enjoyed by a lot of people.
This thread is definitely on the the highlights on the RPF for a number of years. A joy to read the posts each week.

And Jamesfett, your comments are a hoot. Long may they continue.

Highest regards
MARK

You have mentioned often your time in the Archives.

I hate you too!!!!!!!!!!!:devil: (Said with total and complete jealousy like my utter hatred of Geek and his talent)

GEEK1138 ( and it seems disrespectful to call you by that so I am going to address you as Sir Master modelmaker ).
If there were giving out the Nobel prize for modelmaking, I’d petition strongly on your behalf. Any studio scale model building is difficult but man, this is at a whole new level. you should be incredibly proud of your work. The great thing is that it’s going to a museum where its going to be admired and enjoyed by a lot of people.
This thread is definitely on the the highlights on the RPF for a number of years. A joy to read the posts each week.

And Jamesfett, your comments are a hoot. Long may they continue.

Okay I am glad you said that. I was worried they were annoying or tiresome. I really just can't continue to compliment this over talented Jacka,.............I mean great guy.

You made a mistake though. Modelmaker should be capitalized in his title and there needs to be an addition like other Royalty.

Sir Master Model Maker, Duke of Over Talented Jerk Land.

I will have a small piece when I get my 1/6 Falcon cockpit. I have been making payments for about six months and I will be adding detail on the outside.

Here is the crazy part. I have struggled with models. Props not bad but I suck at models.

Despite the claims the 3' Enterprise Polar lights refit is actually fun to work on. Much easier than the regular one IMO. Anyway you probably see where I am going.

Since I am going to have the cockpit,..........................why not build the whole thing. Now it will take years, unlike Geek. I am 49. Aiming for 100 so I have time. But why the hell not.

Worst case it tanks and I just still have an awesome cockpit.

To me the detailing is not the problem. For me the basic shell will be the challenge. I am also okay if every little thing does not match the real thing as there are so many "real things" and none of them match. It's all about the body or shell.

Not saying I am doing it but it's in my mind.

And yes, you are correct. This is one of the greatest additions to RPF in a while and pure joy and fun. No toxicity except provided by me and my hatred.

Tom

Tom,
We all get a bit obsessed with the “hobby”and the truth is when your are in the middle of a build, you have a love/hate relationship with the project. You want to get to the end and have the glorious, fuzzy feeling of achievement while the wife looks on puzzled. There’s always going to be someone with greater skills than us ( in this case GEEK1138) but man,do we get inspired to do better ourselves.

Which reminds me, I have a Pyramid to build.

Last edited:
Tom,
We all get a bit obsessed with the “hobby”and the truth is when your are in the middle of a build, you have a love/hate relationship with the project. You want to get to the end and have the glorious, fuzzy feeling of achieve the while the wife looks on puzzled. There’s always going to be someone with greater skills than us ( in this case GEEK1138) but man,do we get inspired to do better ourselves.

Which reminds me, I have a Pyramid to build.

Very well said.

What Pyramid?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back