MILLENNIUM FALCON 1:6 SCALE

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, as several of u guessed, my next build is a 1/6 Falcon. Pic is the Satellite dish, not the Death Star...that is no moon!
Where to start...last year I modelled and built a 5' foot Falcon replica of the the classic filming miniature from ANH. This works out to roughly 1/24 scale.
tzNmT8et.jpg
MILLENNIUM FALCON 5' REPLICA
The Idea is simply to scale up the whole thing to 1/6 and print everything bigger. Most of the larger components I will fabricate from other materials.
The dimensions are roughly 5.7m in length with mandibles, 4.2m width and about a metre high. I will probably build it in 2 halves, split down the middle , between the mandibles. Obviously, this will mean that some of the parts, (both Jaws, both Gun platforms/Quad cannons, tail array and upper deck elements and the front leg) will need to be added upon final assembly. Yes, I said front leg because this will be the Falcon as per Hanger Bay 94 sitting on 3 legs

As I was limited for space until I could ship my Slave 1, I focused on the more peripheral components before tackling the major parts. anyway, enough talk for now, here's where I'm at...
Got the dish built and primed as well as the 6 exhaust vent fans
3IcOggdl.jpg
XtXXtfjl.jpg

and the 2 gun platforms, laser cannons, ramp etc
FHlkz2Dl.jpg
ZbQizWXl.jpg
vgf1gXxl.jpg

Oh wow, after seeing how the Slave One turned out, I'm excited for that one.

SofaKing01 has been working on the full scale for many years and I know he has been helping someone else here to make a kit for a 1:6 version. Maybe he can help you

Also, Hottoys made a full 1/6 falcon for a convention a couple of years ago, gives you and idea of the scale of the thing: hot toys 1/6 millennium falcon - Google Search

So, as several of u guessed, my next build is a 1/6 Falcon. Pic is the Satellite dish, not the Death Star...that is no moon!
Where to start...last year I modelled and built a 5' foot Falcon replica of the the classic filming miniature from ANH. This works out to roughly 1/24 scale.
View attachment 1329773 MILLENNIUM FALCON 5' REPLICA
The Idea is simply to scale up the whole thing to 1/6 and print everything bigger. Most of the larger components I will fabricate from other materials.
The dimensions are roughly 5.7m in length with mandibles, 4.2m width and about a metre high. I will probably build it in 2 halves, split down the middle , between the mandibles. Obviously, this will mean that some of the parts, (both Jaws, both Gun platforms/Quad cannons, tail array and upper deck elements and the front leg) will need to be added upon final assembly. Yes, I said front leg because this will be the Falcon as per Hanger Bay 94 sitting on 3 legs

As I was limited for space until I could ship my Slave 1, I focused on the more peripheral components before tackling the major parts. anyway, enough talk for now, here's where I'm at...
Got the dish built and primed as well as the 6 exhaust vent fans
View attachment 1329774 View attachment 1329775
and the 2 gun platforms, laser cannons, ramp etc
View attachment 1329776 View attachment 1329777View attachment 1329778
Ok, someone need to be stopped right now. How can we be still making Models after this?
Edit: Nevermind, keep it UP with this insane work :)

Yep, just the response I had hoped for...thanks guys!

So just to catch up a bit with stuff I've prepped...
Got the vents started with the Koolshade and fans. Printed out the cockpit console/chairs etc, and finished the bulkhead, which will be backlit.
I'm not going for super accuracy on the cockpit as Han, Luke etc are all on the ground. Also glassed the Cockpit and tube and started on the legs...
fZhdAqjl.jpg

5Yf2tbSl.jpg
9hGcYWbl.jpg

SqbhoQkl.jpg
8uoaL9cl.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back