MILLENNIUM FALCON 1:6 SCALE

This is looking awesome.

Was it Sideshow that built the 1/6 falcon a couple years back? It was low on accuracy, and somewhat ESB. Are you doing THE MILLENIUM FALCON from STAR WARS? Because there's only one ya know! :) but based on the dish, it appears so...

I would love to see THAT done in half studio scale to buy build and own... (as long as you're scaling and all...)

This is looking awesome.

Was it Sideshow that built the 1/6 falcon a couple years back? It was low on accuracy, and somewhat ESB.

It was Hot Toys (distributed by Sideshow in North America). They built a 1/6 scale Falcon that made a few appearances around Honk Kong. It looks like they bought a Fine Molds and upscaled the dimensions, copying the mandibles and how they don't angle inward.

fmtgfdY.png

8eu9AaV.png

Yep,

Call me a purist but there's only in Falcon and it has 3 landing gears and an Entex transmission. But that's just me...

Abso-blooming-lutely. 3 legs, Entex etc...ANH Millennium Falcon. OK so we know that when they built the full size falcon for Hanger Bay 94/Death Star scene it was only half built, and, they mostly used all sorts of junk to reproduce the greeblies. I am sticking to the original 5' foot filming model and scaling everything up. The only difference between the 1/6 and the 5' is adding the legs and ramp to the big one for the display set

Yeah, I've seen the Hot Toys 1/6 model and I'm hoping to do better. Wholly inaccurate, 5 legs and lousy paint job...the reason this ship has become perhaps the most famous fictional sci-fi craft ever is surely, in large part, down to just how drop dead gorgeous she is

More work on the legs
4yy96jyl.jpg

cEXBUO0l.jpg

f5Bz37Yl.jpg

Abso-blooming-lutely. 3 legs, Entex etc...ANH Millennium Falcon. OK so we know that when they built the full size falcon for Hanger Bay 94/Death Star scene it was only half built, and, they mostly used all sorts of junk to reproduce the greeblies. I am sticking to the original 5' foot filming model and scaling everything up. The only difference between the 1/6 and the 5' is adding the legs and ramp to the big one for the display set

Yeah, I've seen the Hot Toys 1/6 model and I'm hoping to do better. Wholly inaccurate, 5 legs and lousy paint job...the reason this ship has become perhaps the most famous fictional sci-fi craft ever is surely, in large part, down to just how drop dead gorgeous she is

More work on the legs
View attachment 1330599
View attachment 1330600
View attachment 1330601
Looks like you're basing the landing gear on the full size set and not the 5ft model (which makes sense since they never had landing gear on the 5ft model until ESB). I would like to point out that I can see an issue with the connecting tab for the rear pairs of feet, they should be down the middle, not staggered, and the front of the set does not have a tab.
fullsize-landingGear.jpg

Looks like you're basing the landing gear on the full size set and not the 5ft model (which makes sense since they never had landing gear on the 5ft model until ESB). I would like to point out that I can see an issue with the connecting tab for the rear pairs of feet, they should be down the middle, not staggered, and the front of the set does not have a tab.
View attachment 1330683

This pic is from ESB.
Look at the ice in the background.

Oh heck, this is going to be amazing! Do you set yourself deadlines to get each section finished, and if so how on earth do you meet them so quickly?!?!

View attachment 1330683
Thanks, yes I'm sure you're right. I freely admit to taking a few liberties with the legs. I based mine more on these blueprints...
gearbp.jpg

Here's where I am now but obviously I will be adding all the top stuff when I bolt them to the hull

mp1e8cGl.jpg

Oh heck, this is going to be amazing! Do you set yourself deadlines to get each section finished, and if so how on earth do you meet them so quickly?!?!
[/QUOTE
No, I don't set deadlines for finishing sections...I just plough thru the job in front of me coz I'm keen to get on to the next bit!
Laser Cannons finished and primed
qH1amUal.jpg

AWwrNqwl.jpg

Just out curiosity... and maybe you've mentioned this... But what kind of printer do you have access to to get prints at this scale? Really looking forward to this build!

Oh, no full interior? Or, spoilers?!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back