Midwick Armory's Green Arrow Project

Thanks again, everyone, for your kind words! :cool

And I cannot express my extreme delight and satisfaction that Geoff Gay allowed me to be the guinea pig for his first non-BSG costume commission. :thumbsup

As promised, here are my favorite photos from a shoot a friend and I conducted last week. They showcase Geoff Gay's craftsmanship and my blond locks. :)

IMG_2932.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2959.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

I had not seen those pro shots before..looking good.

I thought I would post some pics from Dragon*Con of my hubby's S10 version of the costume. The costume was made by the same place that made it for the show and we do have the accurate Puma motorcycle boots that were used(and SO much better than the S6-8 version ones!!!)

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

Here's a little bonus with some Booster Gold goodness :)
smallvilletrio.jpg

Re: Midwick Armory's Green Arrow Project - 98% Complete

Becca,
Thanks for posting those shots of Steve's s10 GA :)love) and for all the help you've given me and Geoff Gay. :thumbsup
I kinda like the Harley Davidson Sidelights they used for Seasons 6-8, but I can understand why your hubby and others don't dig those boots.

Here's a shot of UK SuperFriend Paul Nurse and me as Green Lantern and Green Arrow with my newly completed bracers.

GLGA-DCon11.jpg

I've asked Geoff to make a few costume tweaks, but the only component missing now is the belt buckle, hence my 98% complete designation. :)

Wow those bracers are really nice :) Those Harley boots are just too dang clunky and my hubby was complaining about how uncomfortable they were(it did not help that the largest they come is size 13 and I had to have those stretched for him as he was complaining about the toe box being tight :p and he usually wears a size 13 in dress shoes but size 14 in running shoes so any pair of shoes could be potential for disaster). The new Puma motorcycle boots are more like sneakers and WAY more comfortable(and light). We do plan on doing a leather version of the S6-8 suit in the near future(or maybe further). Also apparently, Justin Harley was complaining about the Harley boots too....hence the change. In fact, according to my guy at the company and a few people I have talked to from the costuming dept, most of the changes to costumes were due to actors' complaints LOL They are not as forgiving as us costumers ;)

Last edited:
who cares about the suit... DAT HAIR!!!!! I love it Thom!

And yeah, the suits are nice too. Great work, folks. Very inspiring stuff.

Yeah, Justin hated the Harley boots, and MUCH preferred the look and feel of the new boots. I have to say, I liked the look of the new boots and gauntlets as well - it was also at his request that more black was added to the costume. Though Justin's gloves were sewn directly into the bracers, so they were a little tough to get on and off.

Padme - your husband's suit is probably a lot better than the one Justin wore in seasons 9 and 10, as the vest and pants were just retrofitted with the new look, instead of them building new ones.

Thanks Tony(aka Matt Munson) Has anyone ever told you that you would make a GREAT Jonathan Kent? :p LOL

Zeppo, yeah I kinda figured that after talking with the leather guy at the company as he had lots of info about stuff and I was surprised how much was made by them and how many mods were made by the costuming dept. I got to hear all the stuff about how much TW hated the Blur leather jacket and esp that they made 2 sizes, one XL and one L and how TW liked the XL but the producers liked the L :p

Wow those bracers are really nice :) Those Harley boots are just too dang clunky and my hubby was complaining about how uncomfortable they were(it did not help that the largest they come is size 13 and I had to have those stretched for him as he was complaining about the toe box being tight :p and he usually wears a size 13 in dress shoes but size 14 in running shoes so any pair of shoes could be potential for disaster). The new Puma motorcycle boots are more like sneakers and WAY more comfortable(and light). We do plan on doing a leather version of the S6-8 suit in the near future(or maybe further). Also apparently, Justin Harley was complaining about the Harley boots too....hence the change. In fact, according to my guy at the company and a few people I have talked to from the costuming dept, most of the changes to costumes were due to actors' complaints LOL They are not as forgiving as us costumers ;)

The s6 bracers are very cool; Geoff's work continues to amaze me, Becca! The Harleys are a bit clunky, but they were designed for riding motorcycles, not crimefighting. ;)

I use the Pumas for my Mr. Terrific costume, but I might need to go up a half-size. Ill-fitting boots do very bad things to one's feet. :cry

Yeah, Justin hated the Harley boots, and MUCH preferred the look and feel of the new boots. I have to say, I liked the look of the new boots and gauntlets as well - it was also at his request that more black was added to the costume. Though Justin's gloves were sewn directly into the bracers, so they were a little tough to get on and off.

Justin's gloves were sewn into the bracers?!? That explains a lot. :thumbsup

who cares about the suit... DAT HAIR!!!!! I love it Thom!

And yeah, the suits are nice too. Great work, folks. Very inspiring stuff.

Thanks, Major Matt Munson! :cool

Thanks Tony(aka Matt Munson) Has anyone ever told you that you would make a GREAT Jonathan Kent? :p LOL

Becca, I've told Matt that he resembles a young John Schneider... and not just in an "All white guys look alike" kinda way. :lol

Becca, I've told Matt that he resembles a young John Schneider... and not just in an "All white guys look alike" kinda way. :lol

I tease Matt(or Tony as I liked to call b/c doesn't he look a LOT like Tony Horton of P90X fame?) but I digress. Our friend(and resident Clark), Bryan mentioned that to Matt on fb one day after an episode of the MattMobile build where he was particularly expressive with his eyebrows(yeah, I think that is what it is) but when I read it I knew what Bryan meant but I also knew that Matt would take it(and not knowing Matt THAT well yet) as Bryan was inferring that he should be the old guy but that was not what he meant but I could see where Matt would take it that way....and the funny thing is, he did :lol So yeah, that is why I tease him with that :love

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back