Michael Myers Masks from the movie Halloween

uscm buzz

I would like to know what Michael Myers. .. aka the Shape Villian from the Halloween Movie Franchise are available .. Low end , High end.. limited run. whatever..

I know there was some mask websites but I dont remember them anymore..

Eh, well...it really depends on what you're looking for. Mikey's mask looks very different in each of the Halloween films, so first you need to decide which look you prefer.

On the "low end" are your store-bought mass produced masks. They're cheap. And they're crap. But y'know...they're cheap. I have one just for abuse in my haunted houses.

On the "high end"...well, there's no shortage of fan-made Mikey masks. I dare say that Myers probably has more fan sculpts than any other horror icon in the mask collecting community. Michael-Myers.Net has a pretty comprehensive gallery of most of the fan-made masks...

MM.Net Gallery

As for me, myself...personally...

I'm an H1 man. As far as I'm concerned, the original film is the only "real" Michael Myers. And to that end...many would agree that Justin Mabry's "Psycho" is arguably the most authentic-looking H1 mask...

I usually don't like collecting more than 1 version of any given character...instead I prefer to have just 1 copy of the "most idealized" vision of that character, and for me...the Psycho is the perfect Michael Myers. It's the only Myers mask I own, and the only one I care to own.

But that's just me.

I think some of these Myers fans can go a little overboard with their obsession, collecting every version of every film mask they can get their hands on...

...from the collection of "Tony Moran Fan"...Whoa... :confused

Yeah, there's definitely something about Myers masks that makes people get a little nutty...but hey, that's what being a fan is all about.

Thanks for posting the mm.net link.. thats an awesome site for myers fans.. and found some awesome masks..

I also hear the cinema secrets mask isnt in production anymore.. I think they did Resurection version.. using a h2o mask for reference.. from stan winstons shop.

Justin Mabry's "Psycho" is my favorite, too :)
3-23_psycho1.jpg

I just bought a Psycho from another member at Michael-Meyers.net. I agree it's the best H1 mask around and I can hardly wait to get it. I usually only like to have one version of any given item but I am thinking of getting a Warlock from Terry at Cemetery Gate Productions. I think it's the best H2 mask (even though in the movies I guess they used the same actual mask for both H1 and H2).

Mike

I'm not sure which movie the Cinema Secrets is from, but I have one and it's dated 2002. The latex is pretty thick on it and the hair is solidly glued into place. Also, it's painted a kind of dirty grey. I bought mine in Burbank (home of Cinema Secrets) but the below website seems to carry the same one (the site uses frames, so click "Licensed Horror" at the top then scroll down to "Halloween").

For about $50 bucks, I'm pretty happy with it even if it's not wildly accurate to the first movie. Also, I have a pretty big head and it fits a LOT better than the Don Post one I have from 1986.

http://www.badplanet.com/asp/hcity.asp

By the way, mine is less yellow than their photo indicates.

Here I am with my friend Nick Castle aka "The Shape" from Halloween 1 and my mask at his house one night for dinner. His wife is an amazing chef..
NickMontage.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(Doh. @ May 27 2006, 01:02 AM) [snapback]1251510[/snapback]</div>
I'm not sure which movie the Cinema Secrets is from, but I have one and it's dated 2002. The latex is pretty thick on it and the hair is solidly glued into place. Also, it's painted a kind of dirty grey. I bought mine in Burbank (home of Cinema Secrets) but the below website seems to carry the same one (the site uses frames, so click "Licensed Horror" at the top then scroll down to "Halloween").

For about $50 bucks, I'm pretty happy with it even if it's not wildly accurate to the first movie. Also, I have a pretty big head and it fits a LOT better than the Don Post one I have from 1986.

http://www.badplanet.com/asp/hcity.asp

By the way, mine is less yellow than their photo indicates.
[/b]

Cinema Secrets made the screen-used masks for Halloween Resurrection (Halloween 8) in 2002. Their retail masks came from the same molds, so your mask is wildly accurate to the 8th movie.

Mike

Oh Jedifyfe.. now thats pulling out the big guns.. awesome dude.. that really cool..

Yep the cinema Secrets mask is made for Halloween Resurection.. They used a Stan Winston mask From Hallween H20 as refference..which had a much larger budget.. . as far as commercial Halloween Masks go.. I believe its the nicest .. the paint is a bit dirtier I believe than the real movie.. but otherwise.. blows don post crap away..

Thanks so much guys for the pics and stuff of your collections.. I dont knwo if I want more than one mask or not.. but some of these are unbelievable.. I have seen blanks before.. and considered buying one.. but dont know how to do the hair.. so I havent tried yet..

And i May get a Cinema Secrets Mask if that company still has them to use for reference..

Thanks for the Cinema Secrets info, fellers. It's nice to know I have a pretty accurate mask -- even if it's from one of the crappy sequels.

And I ordered a Wolf-Man mask from Bad Planet a couple of years ago and got excellent service. So if they still have the H8 in stock, you should have no problems.

I checked bad planet for the H8 mask.. and the quantity on hand is 0 . They are probably sold out..

By the way.. is Sam Hain not a popular mask or something.. I noticed alot being sold off from private collections.. and not selling for very much.. which version is it supposed to be based on..

I noticed alot of masks dont sell as well this time of year.. I guess that around halloween is when everything goes crazy..

I love that Tony Moran Fan collection pic. every single one of those masks are really nice.

Guess I should point out I make masks too. Here's one of mine and a rehair/repaint of the Cinema Secrets H8 converted into a part 1 type.

PICT0004.jpg

2ndSkinStudios Mike75

PICT0005.jpg

CS repaint/rehair

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back