METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES SUIT (Suit done, Knife done, Thanks everybody)

Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES SUIT (Work in Progress)

@ Nick Here is a pic that better shows the ribbon. They come in various sizes and colors..I hope it can help you

@ Captain April Thanks for the suggestion but I already made the boots a while ago.. The reason why they are not pictured is because the shin armor is not attached to them yet.

Another UPDATE: Finally I can show you guys my knife sheath and buttpack. The buttpack is 100% accurate.. There is one seller one ebay that sells them.. here is the link for those of you who might be interested in getting one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/post-Vietna...531?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4861217f43

Last edited:

Cool! And what did you do to attach them to the suit so securely? I can't see any gaps.

The cord goes through little ribbon tubes that are sewn into the arm. I used these ones here: http://www.joann.com/grosgrain-craf...pe&prefv2=Basic+Ribbons&prefv1=Blacks&start=1 I made the tubes myself.. U basically cut the ribbon into pieces, fold them in half to form a flat tube, then sew them onto the fabric, then you can thread the cord through the tube. Alternatively you could skip the tubes and hand-sew the cords directly onto the arm.. Never tried it myself but that would have required a lot more work..

Hey fellow costumers

Another update. This time I am showing you a work-in progress harness. Last minute changes. I was planning on using plastic snaps and buckles for the harness attachment but decided that I wanted to get the actual thing and all in metal.
Ordered a set a few days ago and damn....80 usd for 7 pieces....holy.. this hobby is expensive as hell..

And here we have the finished boot all made from the same material as the rest of the suit.

Hey guys

The updates are coming faster this time. If things go as planned, I will have pictures of the complete suit up by Friday. But for now, let's take a look at my weathered knife sheath. What a difference it makes and I did not even want to do it in the first place. I am glad I did. Check out this before/after shot.

Aaaaand done. Final suit. Getting all geared up took way too long.. Not even sure I want to wear it ever again.. It's hot and uncomfortable.

I'll keep this thread updated with pics of the upcoming knife and maybe proper studio shots.

Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES SUIT (Suit is finished)

Turned out great! I think you should weather it and definitely do some studio shots.

Looks awesome
Now grow a mullet!
What is the base suit made from? Looks like a diver's suit

Love this suit, it looks like your movement is pretty good when you're wearing it too :D

Time to take it out in the rain XD

Your one mullet away from being a legendary bad ass :lol

Great job on the costume!

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

As for the weathering, I only weather based on the game model. In this case only the knife sheath and gun holster are weathered, the main suit is not.

The entire suit is made from neoprene, just like a diving suit.

I am already thinking what to do next... Please take a look at these possible projects:

I was dead on serious about doing the hot toys snake next.. I even bought the toy... No I have doubts

Then I saw the Figma Snake and was in love with the suit....... then they released pics of the the Deadpool toy........ now I can't make up my mind.

The hot toys snake I could start right away, the other 2 toys have yet to be released.... I need the toys in my hand to make the suits look proper which means I would need to wait for them to be released before commencing work..... What do you guys think???

I don't think I've ever seen a really good MGS2 snake outfit. It's basically the MGS1 suit without the cold suit vest though.

Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES SUIT (Suit done, Knife WIP pic added))

Your sneaking suit project is superb, I've been researching how to make one myself but I don't particularly like the tight fit of a compression style fabric such as neoprene, I was thinking of making it a musculature armor type- almost like an exoskeleton.

As for my comment though, I noticed the white fabric neoprene you used that goes in between the sneaking suit- do you know if there's any way to give that fabric texture? Maybe pressing it on something with a hexagonal or carbon fiber design? I think there was some details on that part of the suit.

Hey

Thanks for the nice words. The white part is actually regular fabric and not neoprene.... and nope...no texture on the in-game suit, too.... I have the 3d model..No texture.... If there was, it would also be on mine....

I like your idea but without a proper mannequin it is very difficult to pull off I think..... But please do keep us posted..or email me your progress.. I am waiting for somebody to make a better suit than mine...

Hey guys

Knife is almost finished... I knew I had the right guy for this.... I hope u guys like it.

2iktaol.jpg

dr8sg6.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back