METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES SUIT (Suit done, Knife done, Thanks everybody)

powergyser

Hey

Finally I can show you guys what I have been working on for almost a year now. I am using the in-game model as reference as well as the game files.

The suit itself is almost finished. Just need to sew on the legs and arms, which I have sitting in my workshop. Some finer details are still missing so I am hoping to get that done in the next couple of days. .

Accessories are coming as well. The belt is done. The ammo pouches and the canteen cover are done as well. More updates on the harness in the near future.

My own completion deadline of the full suit including harness and all accessories should be on March 1st.

I'll try to do weekly updates from here on out. I hope u like it.

2cosf0k.jpg

2mzmt8h.jpg

Last edited:
Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES SUIT (Work in Progress)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! YES! THIS! I HAVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS. And, to top it off, that suit looks fantastic! What material is that? It's just perfect.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! YES! THIS! I HAVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS. And, to top it off, that suit looks fantastic! What material is that? It's just perfect.

Thanks. The material is neoprene. Not the kind you can get at dive shops. I enjoy a healthy relationship with neoprene manufacturers so I can get some stuff that is not readily available. The color is not perfect by all means. Only when a pic is taken in a low-light environment, can the suit look proper. Taken in broad daylight, the color is way off. The actual color is emerald green. I'll show pics of that in one of my future updates.

I've been wanting to make this suit as well but could never find a suitable material in the grey/blue.

It'll be cool to see how the green works out!

Update # 2

This time I am showing you guys my cassette player pouch and my custom made patches.

Sadly the orange rim is too pronounced so I have to remedy that by painting it.

jub71d.jpg

1zgxh7q.jpg

21dqzci.jpg

Update #3

Here is a quick look at the belt and some of the accessories.

After a long struggle, I have decided for the knife to be custom made from scratch. It will be done to my measurements and my specs by a professional. This might take a while so please be patient.

I already made the knife sheath and will post pics in the next update.

x3flw1.jpg

UPDATE #4 Apologies for the late update this week. I promised the knife sheath this week but it has to wait. I am showing you the gold bands instead. I hope you guys like 'em. I can smell the finish line. Only a few more things left to do. More updates soon.
svoppf.jpg
10q04qs.jpg

Here is my almost finished suit. Just needs the patches, boots and the harness and I am pretty much done. Putting it on was a pain in the arse. Almost 1h. The pictured knife is a cheapo one, the actual knife will come in about 2 months. Looks like I will wrap it all up in about 2 weeks. I think it looks pretty good for a first timer. Let me know what u guys think.

That looks amazing! Super jaelous!

What did you use for the parallel hose bundles? They look great and seem to be attached really firmly.

Also what did you use for the knee discs? Such a cool and weird feature of that suit.

Hey Nick For the hose bundles I used ribbons.. lol... like those u can see during holiday seasons...they come in all sorts of colors... matte black with bumps is what I used for mine. For the discs I used something rather silly. lol... but it worked out. M3 electro tape... I unrolled it until it had the correct size, then cut a circle out of eva foam, beveled the edges with a dremel tool, glued it, coated it with epoxy resin then finally painted it. I also made a grove for the gold washer to give it a more detailed look.

That suit looks great, here's a suggestion for the boots which should be easy to integrate into your design since it's also made of Neoprene. From L.L.Bean.
p_00050.jpgp_00049.jpg

Ribbon?!? Weird!

Please post a better detail pic so can get a better understanding of this perfect ribbon! I need to hunt some of this stuff down.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back