Merlin Models AT-At build and mods

My recipe is very simple. Tamia snow :).
I tried a few different makers, warhammer, and such, but found the Tamia to be just about the right look without all the crazy reflectivity of the particles that others seemed to have.
Great paint tuto and the results are F.A.B.:cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy:

Hi again folks. Well its been a while, and a fair bit of paint has been thrown around. I did a few more mods on the Merlin AT-AT. Split the chin guns so they can recoil under the head, added the correct rear panels and side guns and a couple of other bits. I've tried to follow the feel of the ILM paint job, all the splatters etc, i think its close enough for me to live with. Base colour was to match a screen shot with the warmer feel than the Chronicles books detail reference, and i think its in the ball park for sure.
View attachment 1729640
View attachment 1729641

Still working on the final base ideas, but the model is pretty much done now, bar the little things which may bug me after i've looked at it for a few days. I always find something after stareing at it for a while.
So heres the finished thing with all the chipping and edge work, as well as a dose of snow for good measure. More to be added if the base ends up with snow, and the feet need matching into the environment.

View attachment 1729642

View attachment 1729643

View attachment 1729644

View attachment 1729645

I'll drop the video on here once its finished uploading and you can see how i did the painting.

I think it came out pretty good with the mods and tweaks. It's certainly nice to be able to pose it without all the hassle of breaking the joints apart with every movement.
Now it just needs its special base and some snow to walk through.
Hope you folks like it, happy modelling everyone. :)
This is simply amazing. Best rendition of the ILM paint scheme Ive seen. May I ask what base color you used ? Was this a custom color mix ?

This is simply amazing. Best rendition of the ILM paint scheme Ive seen. May I ask what base color you used ? Was this a custom color mix ?
HI there, thanks man :).
I used a mix which is pretty close to the Floquil grime colour. I just take a sample to my local paint mixing chaps and spend a couple of hours with them getting the colour im after. Obviously tons of reference before hand to weed out what i don't want. Glad you like it. :)

HI there, thanks man :).
I used a mix which is pretty close to the Floquil grime colour. I just take a sample to my local paint mixing chaps and spend a couple of hours with them getting the colour im after. Obviously tons of reference before hand to weed out what i don't want. Glad you like it. :)
Good to know !! Thanks for paint tips. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back