Men in Black 3- 2012 Standard Issue (CANCELED)

Agent A, you are truly one smart guy !!!!!!!!!!!
I really do not think that I will ever get one penny back from SAT !

So excuse a newb question, and I haven't been through all the posts, but is there hard evidence that this has been cancelled? Because the online stores and ebay suppliers have not yet taken down their listings. I have it on pre-order here in Oz at Popculture, and they have not informed me that it has been cancelled.

And I have asked my retailer if they have cancel the prop and he told me that it does not cancel. So there must be something not right, maybe the dealer does not know it yet.

Hi xxx,

have you heard something from the MIB 3 Gun ? Because I am a therpf.com ( replica prop forum ) member, and we have there a thread about the MIB3 Gun. And one of us got this message.

Hello.

As you may already know, the MIB 3 replica project is not moving forward. We apologize for getting everyones hopes up. We are a bit disappointed ourselves. Direct refunds to your credit cards are not possible without having you fill out credit card authorizations first so we will be sending you an authorization form via email.

The authorization forms will follow this email shortly. Please confirm that you've received this email

Best regards,

John C. Bush

__

Hello David ( Me ),
I asked and this has NOT been cancelled...

Considering the fact that SAT have not contacted ANYONE or made any public statements about the project, why would one expect them to notify retailers?

It's a damn shame that this didn't happen... but I'm glad that I got my money back from EFX. Hopefully FE will take up the reigns but I would guess that they will concentrate on releasing props from the FIRST film before the third...

I also talked to my US retailer about this last week, asking about my deposit. They apparently contacted eFX about this issue and they were told the project is not canceled...so I dunno what's going on now...

Interesting... if you click on the STORE link, this is what you get...

My guess is anyone who bought from them got royally ripped off.

Yes... I am sure that is what it is. They are just ripping everyone off. :facepalm

Really?!? It is one thing to acknowledge that communication has been poor at best, but going from a lack of communication to they "ROYALLY ripped off" the customers is more than a bit much.

Whovian said: View Post
Interesting... if you click on the STORE link, this is what you get...

My guess is anyone who bought from them got royally ripped off.

Yes... I am sure that is what it is. They are just ripping everyone off. :facepalm

Really?!? It is one thing to acknowledge that communication has been poor at best, but going from a lack of communication to they "ROYALLY ripped off" the customers is more than a bit much.
Am I not entitled to an opinion?

I am sure I'm not the only person here who thinks something fishy is going on.

The last update on their facebook page was June 2012.

Last edited:
Sure, you are, no matter how great a leap of logic it is to go from "site is down" -> THE SKY IS FALLING AND THEY ARE SCREWING US!

I am sure you aren't the only person who may be thinking this either.. but that doesn't make it true or accurate. SAT/ISS is one of the largest and oldest prop shops in the US. This isn't some fly-by-night operation or amateur hour, just poor communication.

Am I not entitled to an opinion?

I am sure I'm not the only person here who thinks something fishy is going on.

Sure, you are, no matter how great a leap of logic it is to go from "site is down" -> THE SKY IS FALLING AND THEY ARE SCREWING US!

I am sure you aren't the only person who may be thinking this either.. but that doesn't make it true or accurate. SAT/ISS is one of the largest and oldest prop shops in the US. This isn't some fly-by-night operation or amateur hour, just poor communication.

come on... poor communication since June of 2012? Really?

Last post here July 2012? I guess they got busy?

Last edited:
I am not here to defend them (they have an account here and can defend themselves if they feel it is needed), but yup... poor communication since day one. No mystery. No huge plan to rip off fans. Just poor communication and a valiant but failed effort to expand into the licensed replica world. Nothing more sinister or more dramatic than that.... and therein lies the difference between your posts and mine. You are giving an opinion. I am telling you what happened. I guess my facts aren't as titillating as wild speculation, but if you care about what is actually going on as oppose to dramatic outbursts, now you have it.

come on... poor communication since June of 2012? Really?

I am not here to defend them (they have an account here and can defend themselves if they feel it is needed), but yup... poor communication since day one. No mystery. No huge plan to rip off fans. Just poor communication and a valiant but failed effort to expand into the licensed replica world. Nothing more sinister or more dramatic than that.... and therein lies the difference between your posts and mine. You are giving an opinion. I am telling you what happened. I guess my facts aren't as titillating as wild speculation, but if you care about what is actually going on as oppose to dramatic outbursts, now you have it.
which they have not used since mid-2012

I don't recall saying they planned to rip people off. Perhaps you can point out that part of my posts?

No, you're giving your OPINION on what YOU think happened. Unless you have some inside information you'd care to share with the rest of us??? So, there is NO difference between the way we are posting. You're giving an opinion, and so am I.

If you'd like to continue to whine about how I am giving nothing but opinion, and you're presenting facts, well then, perhaps you should actually.. you know... present some facts and link to your sources???

Last post here July 2012? I guess they got busy?

You do realize they build the screen used prop and set pieces for almost every major feature film, right? Not making excuses for them, but this was simply a side venture, a foray into our world and clearly a misstep, but let's not make their failure more than it is.

Actually Whovian, from what I've heard that is exactly what happened. BUT how they handle the fallout is telling. Avoiding customers when they call or email is just poor practice and people have good reason to be angry. Art, you can't fault these people for worrying about their deposits. We all know that companies have taken peoples' money and gone under before. It happened with Icons and Unobtanium. They have no other information to go off of and you didn't tell them what you knew until after you criticized their posts.

No, you're giving your OPINION on what YOU think happened. Unless you have some inside information you'd care to share with the rest of us??? So, there is NO difference between the way we are posting. You're giving an opinion, and so am I.

If you'd like to continue to whine about how I am giving nothing but opinion, and you're presenting facts, well then, perhaps you should actually.. you know... present some facts and link to your sources???

I have.... in the past few posts and yes, what I am presenting IS fact, not opinion because I have had the privilege of talking with a number of the people involved since very early on in this process while you have nothing but assumption and speculation. Do you really care to carry this further?

You do realize they build the screen used prop and set pieces for almost every major feature film, right? Not making excuses for them, but this was simply a side venture, a foray into our world and clearly a misstep, but let's not make their failure more than it is.

Yes, I have read their website. Means pretty much nothing to anyone who has already ordered ans is still waiting for even the slightest sign of communication from them. Past performance doesn't guarantee future performance.

11 months without a peep, to anyone who spent that kind of money, is completely unacceptable. Period. The words 'ripped off' are currently completely valid and justified.

Art, you can't fault these people for worrying about their deposits. We all know that companies have taken peoples' money and gone under before. It happened with Icons and Unobtanium. They have no other information to go off of and you didn't tell them what you knew until after you criticized their posts.

The concern is totally understandable given the poor communication, which I have acknowledged from my first post. But, there is a difference in concern and unfounded speculation that leads to mob mentality. I don't see that as constructive in any way in a situation that is already incredibly unfortunate for both buyer and seller.

I have.... in the past few posts and yes, what I am presenting IS fact, not opinion because I have had the privilege of talking with a number of the people involved since very early on in this process while you have nothing but assumption and speculation. Do you really care to carry this further?

You've presented what in the court system is called 'hear say', nothing more. That, is about as good as 'opinion'.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back