Medical Frigate Redemption 1/350 scale

Yah Know, strange that you brought that up? I was just thinking the same thing a couple of days ago! we must be mentally connected some how,LOL
I have watched, looked and dissected every piece of content out there regarding this dilemma wondering the same thing.can't pin point the exact location of the tube/port - loading/fuel? who knows. but would be great to know. I am getting close to that part of my build but with a twist. I plan on lighting my falcon cockpit and before I drill any holes on my tiny,tee nee falcon would be nice to know where! any thoughts on where it would be best placed? anyone.

IMG_2926.jpg
IMG_2927.jpg
IMG_2928.jpg

still a ways to go on this kit, I am changing quite a lot of details and fixing inaccuracies. one of the most challenging resin kits I have done. but worth every penny! I will be doing up a thread on this soon. have lots to show and share. kokkari has been doing an amazing job on this kit given it's challenges.

see yo on the rebound.

Just thinking ahead and I do realize that these are 2 different Falcons and Frigates in these photos, but was wondering where on earth is the attachment point supposed to be on the Falcon? Is this supposed to be a fuel hose or docking hatch? I know there are some expanded/Haynes manual guys out there that would know this stuff much better than I.

For the 8 inch miniature it attached to an exhaust vent. Why? I don't know, it makes no sense. But there you go.

falcon3.png

For the 8 inch miniature it attached to an exhaust vent. Why? I don't know, it makes no sense. But there you go.

View attachment 989908
Awesome! Thank you everyone. That's a perfect shot Joe. Although I want to try and stay faithful to the studio model, I might have to deviate slightly from this and go with more of Analyzer idea for practical purposes. I think it's safe to say it's a fueling tube, whether ILM meant it to be that or not.

dockbay94 I wish I was as ambitious as you. You are really going all out!I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Of course your other option if you want to go with a docking tube, is forget where it is in the picture, and find where this hatch is one the Falcon and attach it there instead.

There's some inconsistency with that as well though

2c3f50476d56f0b329361475f14eedac.jpg

9d727cad8087f98ccfa2bb802e46b764--star-wars-design-millennium-falcon.jpg

45117ce0b9cab05a66e8b0e4664ba425.jpg

2785726c26f59c011ca289c78674087c.jpg

Alhoutgh how tall would the Falcon need to be to actually have that tube in it?

The kit doesn't really come with much detail in this area. It's one of my favorite areas of the whole ship. So intricate, delicate, and original. There aren't many shots of how they mounted the finns to the hull. I brought about 3 images up on the computer from different angles to try and get a 3d image in my mind.
Snapshot-2011-10-14 at 08_57_16 PM-469693912 Map.jpg
0093-kg_med-frigate-093 Map.jpg
Here's the end result so far.
20190217_172058.jpg

VC0ZNlXdJf0

Last edited:
Really nice! Im in the middle of a resin hell myself with a RC Jawa Sandcrawler and next in line I have a JPG productions TIE Bomber too. Hope mine turn as half as nice as yours.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back