MCU style Wolverine

FuzzyDrawings

As the title suggests, my next big project is designing and building a Wolverine costume that might fit within the world of the MCU.

I recently bought a 3D printer, and began learning zBrush to work on the mask and other pieces. I just completed a 100 hour (!) print of my mask design. The print wasn’t perfect (model was too thin in some areas causing holes), but the biggest issue is that I can’t fit it on my head!

I’ve triple checked my measurements and they’re all correct, but I then realized the (probably obvious) issue is that the top of your head is larger than the bottom half. For those that have made Captain America and Daredevil style helmets, how have you gotten around this?

full

Oh, and the mask will have the black sides that go on the cheeks; they’ll be attached with straps; I just haven’t printed them yet. :)

Looks awesome,although I don't quite understand why you're making some sort of helmet out of this model.
Looking back at the x men cartoons and comic books,isn't it supposed to be a flexible cowl like batman has? Cowls are realistic too...
Just wondering

Looks awesome,although I don't quite understand why you're making some sort of helmet out of this model.
Looking back at the x men cartoons and comic books,isn't it supposed to be a flexible cowl like batman has? Cowls are realistic too...
Just wondering

Personal design choice. This is meant to be an MCU-style redesign, and with the exception of Spider-Man, all cloth masks/cowls are adapted into helmets. That, and from a personal view, all the real life cloth/flexible Wolverine cowls I’ve seen look kinda silly. One of my personal goals with this is to make what is by design a silly comic costume and make it look not so silly. :)

I printed a Wolverine mask that was too small. Instead of tossing it I painted a $15 resin skull from Amazon to look chrome and put the mask on it.
This is looking really good!

Personal design choice. This is meant to be an MCU-style redesign, and with the exception of Spider-Man, all cloth masks/cowls are adapted into helmets. That, and from a personal view, all the real life cloth/flexible Wolverine cowls I’ve seen look kinda silly. One of my personal goals with this is to make what is by design a silly comic costume and make it look not so silly. :)

Gotcha.An armored cowl is probably more useful on the battlefield anyway.Good luck with the project (y)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back