McQuarrie Concept Fett helmet Version 3

skygunbro

In between trying to finish up the V2 run I have started to work on the V3. I have loved this design ever since I first saw it. To me it meshes the concept TK and Fett together.
I only have about 2 hours + into it and basically just roughing out the basic shape now. I am using one of my V2 casts as a base as the size and dome on both are almost identical.

If you haven't seen the one I'm talking about here is a pic.

MQFettV3.jpg

And here is where Im at basically a pile of bondo that sort of resembles the ref.pic.

PICT0930.jpg

PICT0931.jpg

Dont worry V2 people this wont be finished or offered until all V2's are shipped.

Here I am haven't received my other helmets yet and already you have me wanting a new one! :lol

REALLY looking forward to seeing how this one turns out! :thumbsup

Like I said this is a slop some bondo on it while waiting for resin to cure project. I wont offer or dedicate to much time to this until all other helmet orders are satisfied.

Just wanted to give sneak peek of what I'm working on.

Yeah but the side view shows a wider bridge so I'm going middle of the road. Not to mention this is way early and tons of changes will be made.Plus as Im sure you know when sculpting with bondo its better to over build then start taking material away.
The bridge of the nose as well as the upper mouth will be taken in a bit. The pic I posted of the artwork also to me looks distorted a bit like to high to narrow. Kinda like if you take a widescreen dvd and change it to full screen it makes everyone look tall and skinny.
Plus I want to make this wearable so some changes will be needed to make this wearable unless you have a head shaped like a weasel then it may work. :)

You really want to see me divorced.

Where is the pic of this one found??

I got it out of the Japanese version of one of the RMQ books someone picked up for me last year at San Diego comic con. alot of pics I've never seen in that edition of course I can't read anything in the book because it's all in Japanese lol,but the pics still work.

Like I said this is a slop some bondo on it while waiting for resin to cure project. I wont offer or dedicate to much time to this until all other helmet orders are satisfied.

Just wanted to give sneak peek of what I'm working on.

Don't worry, it wasn't that kind of comment. Just wanted to say that even in this really early stage it looks like it's going to be another one I have to buy! :thumbsup

Don't worry, it wasn't that kind of comment. Just wanted to say that even in this really early stage it looks like it's going to be another one I have to buy! :thumbsup

Must not buy, must not buy, don't need another Boba Fett helmet, don't need another Boba Fett helmet, :behave:angry:angry:love:love:wacko:cry:cry:behave

Oh I know orange just wanted to let people know who have been patiently waiting on the V2 that this wasnt going to take priority over that.

Hey SGB, ...having never seen this variant either, now I'm wondering just how many variants did Mr McQ come up with? (that you know fo at least)

?????

I know there are several two being the bug eyed versions with an almost antennae appendages,I never really cared for those so wont ever tackle them.

The sculpt is not done I generally over build so I can take away material. and some maybe not but some compromises to the design may need to be made to make it wearable.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back