Maze Runner Death Cure - WCKD uniform (help)

Nice man! I don't have a lot of reference images for that jacket but it looks pretty damn accurate.

I commissioned an artist to replicate the mask. Ill post pics when i get it

First, yay! Maze Runner! Second, I haven't made this, since I'm doing a different version of Newt, but my friend has. She took coveralls in different colors and spliced them together. You could also find hiking style jackets and do the same, but it will be a lot more pricey.

The 3D model for my mask. Its looking pretty damn good...

icm_fullxfull.213934235_cp3je4twh5sgo0kwgccw.jpg

I've been watching this thread since it was made and I just wanted to say, it still seems like the trousers are unknown.... This:

Found the pants. Amazon.com : Propper Battle Rip ACU Trouser, X-Large 2, ATACS LE Camo : Apparel : Clothing
I'm still not sure on the belt, knife and radio stuff.

seems to lack the knee-level horizontal lines (pockets or a change in fabric). Sorry for the gif but it's low-res enough that it's much clearer if it's in motion.
giphy.gif

The thigh holster seems easy enough to pin down as this or something really similar: Tactical Hunting Thigh Drop Leg Platform Holster Dual Strap Leg Thigh Holster Bag Pouch Tactical Leggings Device: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

in combination with this or something again, very similar: Nuprol Airsoft Roto Polymer Pistol Holster Hi-Capa Series Black R/H: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors
(find your own gun prop lol)

The belt is probably this: AGPTEK Duty Belt, Nylon Tactical Combat Outdoor Airsoft Belt Police Security Gear Black Utility Nylon Belt Quick Release for Airsoft Outdoor Activity: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

Sorry for the UK links, I'm sure all this is sold in America or wherever you are and it'll be cheaper if you shop around.

it still seems like the trousers are unknown....

I'm afraid i don't have much to contribute as far as newts uniform goes, as I've only been working towards the regular WCKD soldiers uniform.

I can tell you the link for the pants you posted from a few pages ago was not supposed to be for the newt build. However he does were the same boots, gloves, and belt as the regular soldier, which i also correctly identified on the previous page.

If anything, his pants look more like some kind of construction pant rather then a military style. these for example

Any update about the progress? I would love to use it for airsoft :)
Since in airsoft there are not much masks like this.

Hey

The commission was completed sometime ago but shipping has been a bit of a hassle. It has was already shipped out and returned to him by customs once, and was just reshipped out again on the 2nd it this month. I’ll post pics when it arrives.

got a catch! Only thing it's missing is the black patches on the sleeves, which are highly likely to be something the team added themselves, since the rest of the jacket is a 100% spot on from the
Hi!
So I've been following this thread closely since the movie came out,hoping it could guide me to the needed materials for this cosplay. But the jacket have been the hardest to discover, except for the helmet which is probably custome made, and therefore likely not something we'll ever be able to obtain. (Personally I'm aiming to commission someone one of an artist too, no way I could recreate it myself)

So I decided to give it another go today to try and find this jacket, and I think I got a catch! Only thing it's missing is the black patches on the sleeves, which are highly likely to be something the team added themselves, since the rest of the jacket is a 100% spot on from the reference photos of Thomas.
Jacket can be brought here - 15909-948 Jacket - MASCOT® SAFE LIGHT
Let me know what you think!View attachment 1024637
Sorry for my inactivity here. Can't believe you actually found the jacket! That's amazing! Seems like that site only sells within America. I'm from the Netherlands so I'll keep looking :D Cheapest I've found it so far was around 90$, will share a link if I find it any cheaper within Europe for those outside the US :)

The 3D model for my mask. Its looking pretty damn good...

View attachment 1039024
Hello, I am a new member on this entire website because I wanted to contact you directly. Of course I don’t know if this is the right place but let me just give you a small backstory: I am in the process of cosplaying this and I’ve been planning for over 2 years now. I came across this thread about a year ago prior. I’ve taken note of all the wacky tactical stuff and I’ve got everything. I’m getting ready to cosplay this for my first momocon in which I believe is in May. Right now I’ve got everything but the shemagh and the helmet. I was originally planning to make a cast or mold it out of modeling clay but now that I came across this post, you’ve got me an awe. Perfect design! About the helmet; I wanna get my hands on that.

Hello All!
Hope you're all well, I've been somewhat of a lurker but have finally decided to join in with the fun! Anyway I digress, on to the info at hand. @TymanRoach I think you and me may have the same contact on Etsy to make the Maze Runner Mask, I recently received mine from Russia (after a customs mishap on their side a few weeks ago), see the pictures attached, I think everyone here is going to like this. :lol:

Now first off, helmet/mask was made in mind for use in high FPS air-soft for a range of environments so as such you may find some tiny bits different if like me you are incredibly attentive to detail, however I think regardless of the differences you'll find this just as stunning and incredible as I do.

Differences of note:

1) The eye portions of the masks don't have the small light holes near the cheeks. (one can always put them in if needed, however the eye protection, if I'm correct is made out of steel or a hardened metal and thus probably would be somewhat hard to amend.)
2)Eye Lens are under the resin somewhat and could've probably been bent outwards to have the main portion of the lens in line with the resin of the mask but it is as it is and to be honest you cant tell the difference when wearing the mask or when viewing the mask on a person.
3) Lights are missing on left and right, but i'll be purchasing some soon to clip and secure to the side like the movies.

Stuff of note:

* Straps can be unscrewed and swapped out for different ones if you wanted too.
* pictures taken of as many angles as possible.

Let me know what you all think and honestly the quality and feel of this mask is incredible, its built to survive insane hits and feels heavy and good too!

Attachments

• IMG_20191206_194743.jpg
    IMG_20191206_194743.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 891
  • IMG_20191206_194448.jpg
    IMG_20191206_194448.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,572
  • IMG_20191206_194459.jpg
    IMG_20191206_194459.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 3,693
  • IMG_20191206_194735.jpg
    IMG_20191206_194735.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 984
  • IMG_20191206_194517.jpg
    IMG_20191206_194517.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,786
  • IMG_20191206_194443.jpg
    IMG_20191206_194443.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 969
  • IMG_20191206_194454.jpg
    IMG_20191206_194454.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3,694
  • IMG_20191206_194506.jpg
    IMG_20191206_194506.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 911
Hello All!
Hope you're all well, I've been somewhat of a lurker but have finally decided to join in with the fun! Anyway I digress, on to the info at hand. @TymanRoach I think you and me may have the same contact on Etsy to make the Maze Runner Mask, I recently received mine from Russia (after a customs mishap on their side a few weeks ago), see the pictures attached, I think everyone here is going to like this. :lol:

Now first off, helmet/mask was made in mind for use in high FPS air-soft for a range of environments so as such you may find some tiny bits different if like me you are incredibly attentive to detail, however I think regardless of the differences you'll find this just as stunning and incredible as I do.

Differences of note:

1) The eye portions of the masks don't have the small light holes near the cheeks. (one can always put them in if needed, however the eye protection, if I'm correct is made out of steel or a hardened metal and thus probably would be somewhat hard to amend.)
2)Eye Lens are under the resin somewhat and could've probably been bent outwards to have the main portion of the lens in line with the resin of the mask but it is as it is and to be honest you cant tell the difference when wearing the mask or when viewing the mask on a person.
3) Lights are missing on left and right, but i'll be purchasing some soon to clip and secure to the side like the movies.

Stuff of note:

* Straps can be unscrewed and swapped out for different ones if you wanted too.
* pictures taken of as many angles as possible.

Let me know what you all think and honestly the quality and feel of this mask is incredible, its built to survive insane hits and feels heavy and good too!
I’ve been on here for less than a week: lurking as well lol. I’ve got all the equipment and the armor/ ACU/BDUs for the WCKD Soldier Uniforms but I just need the Mask. If you could point me to the direction in which you acquired your mask that would be much appreciated! Such a sick design and very close looking to the originals! I’m desperate for anything about the masks but do keep in mind, if you’re looking for any help on the Mazerunner WCKD soldier, I’ve got everything down except for the mask so feel free to ask away if you’re looking into Cosplaying this character. Thanks in advance if you’ve read this far, cheers mate!

Hey Cylinderman,

I'm sorta in the same position as you but the opposite, I've got the mask but need everything else. Could you send me a list of each part of the cosplay/costume and the links you bought them from? and I'll give you the seller on Etsy who made my mask and sent it to me. You can direct message me if such a feature exists and I'll send you that link.

Thanks for help with the cosplay, its taken me an awful long time to get this mask acquired from the ground up and I know that the rest of the cosplay is definitely much easier also getting the mask now will be much easier since there is a seller, and it's been made once already so they will have all the casts, design files etc.

I look forward to hearing from you, lastly small disclaimer the seller isn't related to me in any way, its just a company I found on Etsy that was willing to make it from pictures and stuff to the degree and use i needed it for, so anything you need will be between you and them ( no responsibility on my end) but I think you'll find them attentive and will be happy with their service. (Their portfolio is extensive)

Thanks Chap, hope its a good weekend!

Hey Cylinderman,

I'm sorta in the same position as you but the opposite, I've got the mask but need everything else. Could you send me a list of each part of the cosplay/costume and the links you bought them from? and I'll give you the seller on Etsy who made my mask and sent it to me. You can direct message me if such a feature exists and I'll send you that link.

Thanks for help with the cosplay, its taken me an awful long time to get this mask acquired from the ground up and I know that the rest of the cosplay is definitely much easier also getting the mask now will be much easier since there is a seller, and it's been made once already so they will have all the casts, design files etc.

I look forward to hearing from you, lastly small disclaimer the seller isn't related to me in any way, its just a company I found on Etsy that was willing to make it from pictures and stuff to the degree and use i needed it for, so anything you need will be between you and them ( no responsibility on my end) but I think you'll find them attentive and will be happy with their service. (Their portfolio is extensive)

Thanks Chap, hope its a good weekend!
Hello new memeber or WCKD as I’m calling you by your profile name. I’m currently grasping up all my info about everything I’ve got down and I will have them down for you momentarily however, I forgot to mention about the WCKD Patch and the Black Scarf (Shemagh). The WCKD Patch is one thing I don’t have but is something I could be getting closer to obtaining. Again, apologies for leaving this out however the Black Scarf or ’Shemagh‘ worm by the WCKD Soldiers on their masks I’m just using a small black blanket along with velcro I’ve sown in together to make it attach to a possible mask in which I will also apply Velcro most likely to keep the blanket in place and from falling off...
I will have all available info about where I have acquired the BDU (Battle Dress Uniform), Black Combat Boots, Gloves, joint armor, Tactical Vest, and the lights/ walkie etc...
just have a few questions if you don’t mind me asking cause I’m pretty hyped to hear that someone has got new intel on a mask. I’ve been preparing for Almost 2 years and in the past I’ve been trying to mold and try numerous different methods to shape such a mask but no luck. Now I could be closer to completing this project yet I have a reason to be hyped considering this is my first Cosplay Lol. Anyway my question(s): was the mask sort of like a prototype? Custom made? What was the price range? I quote: “its just a company I found on Etsy that was willing to make it from pictures and stuff to the degree” what type of reference did you give them? That‘s a biggie. Again, I’ll have all the resources and links down for you momentarily, just give me a day or so to try and find the links. The Uniform is a big one since they don’t produce any of those anymore so it’s a scavenger hunt as it was for me...

Hello new memeber or WCKD as I’m calling you by your profile name. I’m currently grasping up all my info about everything I’ve got down and I will have them down for you momentarily however, I forgot to mention about the WCKD Patch and the Black Scarf (Shemagh). The WCKD Patch is one thing I don’t have but is something I could be getting closer to obtaining. Again, apologies for leaving this out however the Black Scarf or ’Shemagh‘ worm by the WCKD Soldiers on their masks I’m just using a small black blanket along with velcro I’ve sown in together to make it attach to a possible mask in which I will also apply Velcro most likely to keep the blanket in place and from falling off...
I will have all available info about where I have acquired the BDU (Battle Dress Uniform), Black Combat Boots, Gloves, joint armor, Tactical Vest, and the lights/ walkie etc...
just have a few questions if you don’t mind me asking cause I’m pretty hyped to hear that someone has got new intel on a mask. I’ve been preparing for Almost 2 years and in the past I’ve been trying to mold and try numerous different methods to shape such a mask but no luck. Now I could be closer to completing this project yet I have a reason to be hyped considering this is my first Cosplay Lol. Anyway my question(s): was the mask sort of like a prototype? Custom made? What was the price range? I quote: “its just a company I found on Etsy that was willing to make it from pictures and stuff to the degree” what type of reference did you give them? That‘s a biggie. Again, I’ll have all the resources and links down for you momentarily, just give me a day or so to try and find the links. The Uniform is a big one since they don’t produce any of those anymore so it’s a scavenger hunt as it was for me...

Morning Cylinderman,

No problem at all, regarding the patch ebay seems to be doing a fair few of them, may be worth a look. And I'm looking around for the scarf but that one I think requires some high street shopping since they've very very common except for when you want one then it cant be found anywhere XD.

Happy to answer your questions:

1) Was the mask sort of like a prototype?
Yes and No. Yes, because its the only one that exists outside the studio that has been made by people who make all other sorts of helmets like Halo or Start Wars, however No, because the product I received was a final of a few iterations as they would have had to 3D Create, then print, then mold, then test to get the proportions, quality and use right.

2) Custom Made?
Yes, is custom made, and that did make it a little pricey (not an absurd amount mind you,) but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone within Europe who for one, is willing to take the task on in the first place and two, doesn't want the entire contents of your bank account.

3) Price Range?
It cost me $435 dollars on Etsy which is £324.75 and 27307.91 Russian Ruble.

4) What type of reference did I give them?
I've been waiting for this question :). To answer, I literally sat down one Saturday, began watching all three movies and while I watched I looked for any WCKD Soldier and took multiple pictures of each frame I found them in to account for the angles and detailing, as well as giving the seller this site. So they had a lot of reference pictures (like a good amount, as i sent them even ones that were blurry to account for as much detail and resource to work off as possible), still frames and this website to work off. ( Not to mention the seller has actually seen the movie too XD).

Thanks for all the help on your side, I hope the above answers the questions you have but if you have any more feel free to reply, I'm more than happy to assist.

Last edited:
Hey! I've also been watching this thread since the movie came out two years ago, and I was wondering where I could buy that mask, if you sell it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back