Maxim 08/15 Machine Gun WWI WIP

BornKilr

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Continuing my trend of building classic gun props, I decided on a German Maxim gun from WWI and early WW2. I started this at the same time as the M76 SMG (http://www.therpf.com/f9/s-w-m76-machine-gun-scratchbuild-139054/) so when I got stuck on one, I could jump off to the other.
This one is actually going to be part of a costume I'm working on for DragonCon. I'm working on a WWI era German vampire character inspired by the graphic novel, "Baltimore: The Plague Years" about a British soldier turned vampire hunter.
As for the gun, it is actually a combination Maxim and Spandau, the airplane mounted version. I just thought the air-cooled shroud of the Spandau gave it a little more character. Well, so much for backstory, heres the WIP pics.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A few more a little further along
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And finished, basically. I'm probably going to do some weathering to it eventually.
Still have to make the bipod and cloth ammo belt with better dummy rounds.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And, as with most of my Con props, this one also doubles as a beer holder. Only holds 3,
but better than none, I guess!
attachment.php

This project is right up my alley. That looks sweet!! And I like its alternate use!!! :thumbsup Now make the water cooled version and pipe ice water through it to keep the beer cold!! ;) Nice work, super clean lines with excellent craftsmanship.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back