Maul FX saber

Smiling Demon

Sr Member
Has anyone here had any trouble with their Darth Maul FX saber?
I know that some of the sabers have had problems and I am just curious to see if there have been any problems reported. For instance, I bought a Vader ANH FX and I had problems with it. The first and second time I turned it on it worked fine but from there on it came on when it wanted to. Sometimes it would only light up half-way or just the sound would come on. I eventually snatched the blade out of it and use it for my Vader costume.

The reason I am asking is that I'm thinking about getting a Maul FX because they are at a good price right now and I have been wanting one for my collection. It's just after the Vader incident I am kinda leary about them.
Can someone post some pros and cons about this saber?

Thanks.

Pros

-it's friggin' enormous
-it looks great
-polycarbonate tubes are thicker which allows for some fighting
-the design makes it near impossible to accidentally turn it off when swinging it
-Runs on AAA batteries

Cons

-The sound board is the same as Vader ESB's
-The coupler looks kinda stupid when you have the whole thing on display
-Some complain that the blade color is off a bit
-There'll be two covertech knobs on the saber unless you remove one, which will leave a small hole visible.

I'd definitely go for it if I were you. I haven't heard any real complaints about the saber tweaking out or doing the things you mentioned. It's so much fun to twirl at night and the sheer size of it is quite impressive.

Pros

-it's friggin' enormous
-it looks great
-polycarbonate tubes are thicker which allows for some fighting
-the design makes it near impossible to accidentally turn it off when swinging it
-Runs on AAA batteries

Cons

-The sound board is the same as Vader ESB's
-The coupler looks kinda stupid when you have the whole thing on display
-Some complain that the blade color is off a bit
-There'll be two covertech knobs on the saber unless you remove one, which will leave a small hole visible.

I'd definitely go for it if I were you. I haven't heard any real complaints about the saber tweaking out or doing the things you mentioned. It's so much fun to twirl at night and the sheer size of it is quite impressive.

I have one and just love it-- only thing is it is so big I have knocked a lamp or two over with it while dispatching jedi scum :D ---

WOW :eek

I got my Maul FX today and all I can say is WOW.
This thing is fantastic.. Yes, I was turned into a big kid. It isa 11:20 pm here and I just came inside. I was out threatning the kids in the neighborhood trying to coax them into joining the Darkside.

" Just think, if you join now you can have a cool lightsaber just like mine. Now give yourself to the darkside of the force.."

Just having fun with them..

<div class='quotetop'>(AnythingSciFi @ Jul 2 2006, 12:56 AM) [snapback]1272377[/snapback]</div>

This thing is fantastic.. Yes, I was turned into a big kid. It isa 11:20 pm here and I just came inside. I was out threatning the kids in the neighborhood trying to coax them into joining the Darkside.

" Just think, if you join now you can have a cool lightsaber just like mine. Now give yourself to the darkside of the force.."

Just having fun with them..
[/b]

Where did you get yours and how much did you pay?

<div class='quotetop'>(AnythingSciFi @ Jul 1 2006, 11:56 PM) [snapback]1272377[/snapback]</div>

This thing is fantastic.. Yes, I was turned into a big kid.
[/b]
My sentiments exactly, this thing is seven feet of FUN. Definately my new favorite Force FX. I may be a bit biased since I won mine in an MR promotion. :D

i watched ray park fling one around at an RPM that i cant fathom, up close in person less than a week ago... he twirled it so hard it sounded like an industrial fan... and the tube appeared to bend slightly, kinda hard to tell if it was an optical illusion... he also did some non-maul bow-staff manuvers fliping it around his neck and over around his back over and over and faster etc... :D
and i got to spar with him a bit... :love ... on film. B)

hopefully will be in my posession soon... AHEM SAXE and ROSE...

lets just say, he hit the ground once with it pretty good, and it stayed in tact.

if anyone has a better testimony than that... bring it. :p (maul tested and approved)

but yeah, this is a deffinate buy if you liked any MR FX. and i hear that hyperdyne is also reffitting one as we speak. ;) :thumbsup
that should deal with any color and im sure sound issues, if you feel inclined ;)

im getting one, the handle feels more metal than the anakin and vader esb (the 2 best so far)

but i deffinately could see some kids (even grown up ones) getting hurt with this thing. its got some weight to it.

well thats my 2 cents

oldken
so that's you sparring with Ray in the "infamous" Adventure Con video? I wish I could have been there, but a friend decided to get married on the same weekend.

<div class='quotetop'>(Snoballz @ Jul 2 2006, 02:08 AM) [snapback]1272405[/snapback]</div>
oldken
so that's you sparring with Ray in the "infamous" Adventure Con video? I wish I could have been there, but a friend decided to get married on the same weekend.
[/b]

Find new friends. :lol J/k

I have a Maul FX and it is 100 times better than I thought. Hey even I make mistakes...... sometimes. :unsure

Rudy G.

oldken, that sounds pretty darn good. Beats the hell outta my little story. :)

This is where I bought mine at an excellent price. The owner of this site is a member here and it shipped in less than a week..
http://www.kmcollect.com/index.php

Oh yeah, I am probably not the only one that would like to see that video..

snowballz, you shoulda came, everyone should have...

and why is it EVERYONE has seen it but me?

im the guy with long hair in the red adventurecon shirt. :D

there were different times, maybe you saw a different one, i was using a green (loner) luke ROTJ FX, (wish i woulda had myu ani, then i wouldnt have been afraid i was gonna slip and sling it into the crowd)

but the bottom line is, if you have any FXs this is a MUST HAVE.

just be careful with it. ;)

i think if ray woulda slipped when he was doing the SUPER fast side to side windmill thing... someone coulda seriously been killed. the noise the thing made was intimidating, makes me want to get back into martial arts... you could scare off a gang with that one move and a broom handle...

for the love of God if anyone gets there hands on the video, please shoot me a PM... :angry

everyones seen it but me.

and there were different groups that had cameras... the jedi group had there own, im not in that much, and there probably mad that i even hopped in there, but... i had to... :love

the footage i want is from the guys with the HD steady-cams that were doing the convention documentary... :love

i wish i could do it again, after i got to chill with ray, and eased up... i dont get star struck... but there is something intimidating about sparring with DARTH MAUL. :angry i was kinda shakin, and limited my twirls etc. (that and since im adcon staff, didnt want to wack a kid in the head and have a lawsuit.)

anyway yeah.

wasnt trying to brag, but like i said, well, it was about a week ago this hour, that it happened. B)

so im still a little excited.

oh that and i went bowling with ray and corey feldman... what does ray do for a victory dance? thats for another thread. ;)

That video with Ray Park is pretty cool...mad skills indeed.

My Maul FX is arriving on Tuesday, can't wait. Got mine from that well known auction site for $149.99 with free shipping :)

Cheers, Gord.

The thing about the Maul FX is that WHEREVER you are when you light it up, people stop what they're doing to gawk. Kids are in awe and adults are in awe-er (if that's a word).

Something so riveting about about a 7ft. glowing red staff....

<div class='quotetop'>(FLY JEDI @ Jul 2 2006, 03:40 PM) [snapback]1272602[/snapback]</div>
Kids are in awe and adults are in awe-er (if that's a word).
[/b]

[image]http://rogue74.nt3.npsis.com/emoticons/palpatine.gif[/image] I will make it lingual. :lol

I really got to have one of these.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back