Masters of the Universe: Revelation - Netflix series

I like the idea as a concept and even said so in my initial post, but given that life wouldn't exist without magic, and everyone knows it, why anyone would denounce it? Then again you raise a good point that he's only using it to attain power, though that still doesn't explain why Teela hates it so much.
You're assuming that everybody knows it. From what I could tell, that knowledge wasn't very well or widely known. My impression was that Teela didn't know until she was told so by the Sorceress and Evil-Lynn. All of the non-magic users seemed to have no idea that there was a connection between magic and Eternia and that Eternia existed because of magic. All they knew was that there was little magic left in the world and thing were worse off for it, but I don't think that any non-magic user, aside from maybe Man at Arms, knew of the connection and how it affected Eternia.

But, I'll agree, Teela did go with a big chip on her shoulder throughout the 5 episodes. My guess is it's because it made her feel betrayed and insulted that nobody, esp. Adam, that they could trust her with the secret. That despite all that she's done for the kingdom and with/for Adam/He-Man that she was still not important and/or trusted enough to about Adam being He-Man. I will have to say that her initial reaction was probably a bit too much, realistically, I don't think that someone would get that pissed over the seeming betrayal and lack of trust right away after losing a close friend. I'd think that's somebody that would develop later after she's had time to get over her initial grief. Then again, this is only a 10 episode season, there's not enough episodes to let her stew and develop her sense of resentment.

Well, no matter what happens, the life lessons taught to me by Filmation’s 1/2 hour commercials for Mattel toys will remain with me, forever.

I regularly reference the wise sages of the Masters of the Universe whenever I am faced with tough life-decisions; they can never take those lessons away from me…

Last edited:
Not to be a doubting Thomas, but...

He-Man can now "Hulk out" and be Super He-Man?

This trailer seems to make He-Man to be Superman. Not equally matched to Skeletor, but instead FAR superior in strength, agility, and power. I always thought it was a Megatron/Optimus Prime type rivalry, where their individual strengths and weaknesses basically put them almost even with each other.

This trailer seems to make He-Man to be Superman. Not equally matched to Skeletor, but instead FAR superior in strength, agility, and power. I always thought it was a Megatron/Optimus Prime type rivalry, where their individual strengths and weaknesses basically put them almost even with each other.
It could be that they're borrowing a note from Thor Ragnarok when Odin asks Thor if he's the god of hammers and realizes that he has more power than he ever realized. The dialog is pretty similar with Adam/He-Man saying that the power wasn't from the sword but from within himself. So, maybe by realizing this he unleashes his full power and potential and shows that he's always been much, much more powerful than Skeletor.

It's funny you say "Hulks out". When I saw the first trailer a few months ago I thought he looked too much like the Hulk; freakishly large and out of proportion. He should have more of a realistic bodybuilder Schwarzenegger type physique. I get that there's stylistic interpretation but even so he's too monstrous looking I believe.

Last edited:
Yeah - I thought the Trailer made it clear that the Sword was just a way to control the power, but He-Man was the conduit to tap it. Without the sword he's more powerful but seems to be more "Hulk Smash"...

It also seems to imply that Teela becomes the new sorceress, making her probably just as important as He-man in the wellfare of Eternia. So she goes F-Magic to give me all the Magic... which is a pretty big shift. Should be fun though.

Jedi Dade

Sounds like they were figuring a way to sneak the Ax wielding he-man from the old art… more barbarian.

I love teela becoming the next sorceress. Her being the Sorceress’ daughter is the only storyline I remember as a kid. Even then I was way more interested in the relationships/history than the action (which didn’t exist)…

And I love the Thor ref from Riceball - exactly what they’re doing.

Now I wanna watch Ragnorok. What a great line.

Just watched part 2 episode 1… corn aside… fisting joke aside… stellar first ep. Man, I dunno why the haters be hating.

I’m fact most of my nitpicks would just be the animation… just kinda crap in places…

Part 2 episode 2….

Well now I’m into the cannabis and one minute my eyes are rolling back into my head, then the next I’m rolling a tear seeing the corn pay off. Great second part so far…

Really dig evil bat sorceress design. I’d consider picking up the action figure… If she doesn’t turn into a giant bat I’ll be disappointed.

Last edited:
Well.

Anyone watching will know the moment I’m talking about… but what I just saw was so bizarre it rippled back in time all the way to 8 year old me, and 8 year old me just vomited all over his Skeletor figure.

Present day me had to adjust his trousers.

Forgive present day me. He’s smoked a lot during this.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back