Master Replicas Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise Studio Scale Model

I guess that I got lucky, dish is fine. But the idea of an alloy version that may take a bump without snapping off is very interesting. :love

Does anyone else have a drooping nacelle issue? The nacelles on my E are less than level. They're only off by about 1º to 1.5º, but I think that's considerable; my eye picks up on it, and it drives me nuts! :eek

Does anyone else have a drooping nacelle issue? The nacelles on my E are less than level. They're only off by about 1º to 1.5º, but I think that's considerable; my eye picks up on it, and it drives me nuts! :eek

I used to think that mine did the same thing. But for me it was just the rounded shape of the bridge area that was fooling my eyes.

I used to think that mine did the same thing. But for me it was just the rounded shape of the bridge area that was fooling my eyes.

How did you confirm that they were not sagging on yours? Mine is not an illusion. Note the difference between the droopy nacelles in the left pic and the Photoshop-hitched-up ones on the right. Toggle back and forth to see the difference.

Last edited:
Whoa, :eek

Yours are fine also. Just take any strait edge along the bottom of the saucer section and line it up on the bottom edge of the nacelles. There will be a slight gap, but they appear to be parallel with the saucer. What you may also be seeing is the taper of the nacelles going smaller as they end in the back.

Whoa, :eek

Yours are fine also. Just take any strait edge along the bottom of the saucer section and line it up on the bottom edge of the nacelles. There will be a slight gap, but they appear to be parallel with the saucer. What you may also be seeing is the taper of the nacelles going smaller as they end in the back.

Yes, the nacelles do taper but the nacelles do not have--or should not have--a level edge; the top edge tapers downward from the dome and the lower edge tapers upward, so it's the horizontal centerline/axis of the nacelle that has to be level, not the bottom edge (see schematic below). If the bottom nacelle edge is level/parallel with the saucer, then the nacelle is sagging. It sounds nit-picky but it makes a big difference visually.

Last edited:
Yes, the nacelles do taper but the nacelles do not have--or should not have--a level edge; the top edge tapers downward from the dome and the lower edge tapers upward, so it's the horizontal centerline/axis of the nacelle that has to be level, not the bottom edge (see schematic, above post). If the bottom nacelle edge is level/parallel with the saucer, then the nacelle is sagging. It sounds nit-picky but it makes a big difference visually.

Does anyone else have droopy nacelles? :confused

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back