Master Replicas AT-AT question

@BrundelFly: What value ? Since MR announced the second edition the value is sinkin and sinkin.......
I bought the MR AT-AT and one reason to do so was the limitation of 1000.
Now there will be a second one... maybe better ? maybe cheaper ? Defenitly not really limited and everybody can get one.
Screw MR for outsmarting their customers.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Spiker wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Since MR announced the second edition the value is sinkin and sinkin.......
I bought the MR AT-AT and one reason to do so was the limitation of 1000.
Now there will be a second one...</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

A SECOND edition of the Master Replicas AT-AT?

That's the first I've heard about this. Is there any truth to it?

Regardless, I believe there are two schools of thought on the studio scale AT-AT replicas...

The first belongs to the old school way of building these babies from scratch and kit-bashed parts. That's the way it was done for the films, and that's the only way you would truly get the most accurate 'replica' -- not to mention the shear joy of knowing you built it yourself.

The second belongs to your 'average joe' prop collector. A completely finished and somewhat affordable replica that is available to the general public. They recognize it for what it is, and the detailing is 'close enough' to satisfy. However, they won't be bothered by those not-so-exact detailing parts that many of us have come to recognize and know so well -- and that's okay.

All in all, this thread is an attestment to how well we care about the accuracy and trueness of our hobby.
icon_biggrin.gif

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back