Master Plo Koon mask finished!!!!

mrbungle

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
i have a friend that wants a accurate plo koon mask. we had a rubies which is freaking horrible.

so i made a mold of the goggles and breathers to redo them. the goggles and the tusks are the only parts that i do not have to completely redo.

i still think the greebs need to be redone on the tusks and the goggles need some work.

i made a life cast of my friends head.....he has pretty big head.

then started scultping the head.

i still have a ways to go, but i want to get the breathers finished before i finish the mask to make sure they fit good so i do not have to sculpt the mouth and eye areas twice.

i plan to cast the head out of dragon skin pro fx and the breathers and goggles out of cold cast resin. then reinforce the thicker parts of he mask with foam flex it 25 to help the mask hold it's shape.

here is the pics.
006-63.jpg

005-77.jpg

004-99.jpg

003-108.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Master Plo Koon mask WIP

thanks, guys.

i plan to offer two version of this. a resin one for busts and one of silicone and resin for masks.

Looks great! I took a picture or two of the screen used mask at the Symphony thingy last year, want them for reference?

thanks.

i hope to have a good update for this weekend on this. along with my other 58 projects/...........LOL

I think photobucket shrunk those images, I didn't even check when I loaded them up. Send me your email and I will mail them to you.

here is an update, got most of the mask done, now clean up is left to be done. i still have to finish the breathers, goggles and tubes coming off the mask connecting to the breather. i want to give it abit more skin texture than is on the movie mask.

017-7.jpg

018-10.jpg

019-11.jpg

020-11.jpg

021-10.jpg

thanks, guys.

i am working on the breathers and doing clean up on the mask to get it ready for molding.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back