Mass Effect M3 Predator build

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Quail Chick, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Quail Chick

Quail Chick New Member

Greetings from sunny Miami!

I'm really proud to show off my second Mass Effect gun, the M3 Predator. I made it out of MDF, craft foam, and small googley eyes. The build took 3 days and about $25. Compared to my first gun, the Carnifex hand cannon, this one is a lot cleaner. I'm still very much an novice, especially with replica firearms, but I am very happy with my skill improvement.

I have to give a big thanks to THORSSOLI, I've been using his blog as a guide for the M3. Mine's not nearly as good, but I'm still proud of it.

I was also able to make a data pad with some scrap, waiting on some orange plastic in the mail to finish it up. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Improvement between Carnifex and M3:
    [​IMG]

2. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

That is really cool! I haven't used MDF for anything yet and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with it.

3. rafaoso80

rafaoso80 New Member

only 3 days!? wow! really amazing!

4. Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix New Member

Looks good! Amzing for only 3 days. Do you happen to have a picture of it being held by someone just for scale purposes? (or failing that... how long is it?). I'm trying to build one of these too and I have a sinking feeling I've made it too large.

5. Duflins

Duflins New Member

Do you happen to have any concept art of the datapad? I just need an image of the full datapad by itself but I can't seem to find any when I search. Every time I search "mass effect datapad" the results always pertain to the iOS app. I need some good images of it for a project I'm working on and I would be super thankful for any help you could throw my way. Also, keep up the good work :) that predator looks awesome!

6. River

River New Member

WOW! This is amazing! Any thought on making an armory? :D

-River