Mass Effect 3: N7 Breather v2

Grainy cell phone shot or not, we're getting close to being done on the sanding side of the N7. Decals, detailing bits, a couple laser cut parts, and we'll be all set to mold this puppy.

7022825769_2bef23bb9f_b.jpg

Sirnfet - For the time being I'm only going to do 10. By the time I get those out the door, I'll need a break from casting the same thing over and over and over. Give it a month or two and I'll do another run for anyone else who wants one.

The ears are in, the mouth is in, I'm just waiting on a couple laser cut parts to get shipped out and this mother will be done.

I'll post up shots tonight when I get home.

The back was tricky in the last build, and it's being tricky in this one as well. I'm trying to decide whether I want to fabricate the back engravings/slits, or just leave the concentric rings smooth - they look pretty nice that way.

And of course, because it's on the back and often out of sight, it gets less lurv than the rest of the helmet, and needs a little more work before I call it a day.

Other than actually installing the ears, and a couple sanding tweaks here and there, this helmet is DONE! Once the laser cut parts get here, we'll pop those on, build up the clay walls, then on to molding. I'm already a week behind in this build, but I figure if sanding is all that's left to do while I wait, this bucket should be glass smooth by the time I'm done with it.

I do have some slight concerns about the "head hole." I'm going to widen this aperture as much as I can without compromising the integrity of the design. If worse comes to worse, we can trim a bit of the skull back details, and there should be no problem popping it on.

7047670319_05fa7b3723_b.jpg

7047670353_f8a7ff8805_b.jpg

6901574960_31ddc1e97f_b.jpg

6901575076_1f9c6a5db1_b.jpg

yeah id suggest trimming out a bit of width from the inside of the ear cups, thats my plan as well because the width was a bit of a snug fit on my one. Bit of hack and slash required :p

Alright this is the last week I'm working on the N7. Whatever tweaks and polishes I can get in before friday, great, but then it's going under rubber. This has been taking up space on my workbench for far too long, and I'm sure everyone that put their cash on the barrelhead is tired of waiting for their copy.

6936449026_79a52372fa_b.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back