Mass Effect 3 Foam Shep Commission Build-Complete- templates up

Shades

Here we go again- ME3 style armor for a client- deadline April 20.

I always really liked these builds and they are a natural for EVA foam. Client wanted custom templates made of ME3 style N7 with a more textured layered build. I am not a huge fan of cutting in detail lines with a dremel or soldering iron so I designed around that where possible.

Client paid for the models/templates. I do not have permission to release them at this time to the public. I hope to release them at a later date.

Last edited:
Re: Mass Effect 3 Foam Shep Build-

Progress for the week. Templates all mapped out and chest and back attached with major parts done. More detail work to follow tonight.

shot of the back. Lots of little pieces to cut.

Quick a dirty test fit

looks awesome so far, i'm looking forward to seeing how the final product turns out!

Thanks guys. Trying my best to keep it so fresh and so clean clean to quote outkast.

I love foam builds, but this has LOTS of little details in it. It seems endless.

Hi - looking good so far. I'm researching my options for working in EVA foam. Can yo utell me what glue you use to stick the pieces together please?

Great work so far, can't wait to see more.
And yeah Hot glue is the way to go for foam building. It works great, I have never had a piece seperate on me yet. Even if you try to pull to pieces apart if you have glued it right you rip the foam before the glue gives out!..

Wow, never wouldve thought Hot Glue would win that battle!
I've been experimenting on 5mm EVA (foam camping mat) and tried Cyanoacrylate(super Glue), Bostik solvent free glue, Evo Stik 'Serious Glue' and Hot glue. so far, the HOt GLue and super glue (odd, that) seems to work best.

I use Serious glue on everything but on EVA its not great.

I keep some superglue around for small details but I use prolly 98% good old hot glue.

Quick test fit with client. Project is moving nicely along and has down fill momentum now. Playing with the idea of not painting it at all and just using colored EVA. I think it may show off how versatile EVA is. I think if I keep the build super clean I can get away with it.

Re: Mass Effect 3 Foam Shep Build-65% done PICS GALORE

Great work Shades! Very clean!

I'm working on one of these sets too, but the gray foam I am using is a bit too light for me so I think I am going to repaint it. If you were going to paint yours up, what paint would you use?

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back