Mass Effect 3 Ending, opinions and feelings?

They finally unlocked the forum, they're trying to do damage control as some potentially damning info came out from a behind the scenes ipad app. It might be nothing but in 3 minutes 9 pages of rage managed to appear.

That would be the
Garrus/Liara death scenes? :(

Nope it's in regards to the controversy over the endings that just made the front page of USA today, another bad review from Forbes, and even MSNBC is covering how bad the reception of the game has been. They're still "waiting for more people to finish" before telling us what the heck they're going to do to fix it. Meanwhile gamestop literally won't be taking more copies back soon as theyr'e out of room and bioware loses more customers with every day they string us along.

Well, if there was any chance of having "hope" in Mass Effect 3 post release, this application killed it. They had it planned the whole time and they're sticking with it.

I just finished the game and all i can say is..."What the hell!?!"

I know it's just a game one that i quite enjoy but i feel really angry and i don't know what to make of it. I feel so confused lol. All the times ME3's release date got pushed back for what ? I figured with it being pushed back they were taking there time and making it even more epic than the others. Don't get me wrong ME3 is a great game i really enjoyed it but the end was just... a huge let down.

I don't know what else to say but i'm really disappointed. :angry:

The biggest question I have is what happens when they shut the servers off and effectively kill multiplayer? I read the requirements for getting the "best" endings and they are only available after you've put a considerable amount of time into the MP experience. While I find MP to be fun, I don't want to have to do over and over and over again for every playthrough. Especially since I have a total of 4 characters spanning the series and I'd like to do more.

Looking back, I think walking past (and talking to) all of your squad mates past and present was more powerful than the actual ending.

And I'd really, really like to know how each person and race fairs out. Did they survive, get annihilated, did the Krogan rise up to take control, do the Geth get crazy and dominate like Catalyst assumes they will? I want to know!

Can we get Mass Effect 4: Reconstruction? Shepard lives and rebuilds the galaxy! Or would that be a little too much to ask for?

For what it's worth, my husband has played the multiplayer for just over four hours over the last few days and has boosted his readiness rating considerably. Terminus systems are at 92% and everything else is at 61%, raising his overall to 71%. It doesn't take all that much time to make a significant difference in the ratings. Also, I like the fact that it's co-op multiplayer, not pvp.

I read another thing from someone on the ME team saying that the only thing you need to worry about to get the best ending is your War Assets. Supposedly if they are at least 5000 you should have no problem. I have zero interest in the MP so I hope that's true. I'm still on the Quarian missions though.

My only complaint so far is that a lot of the objectives, specifically the Citadel missions, are really unclear on what you do and where you go to do/find things. I also missed Kelly Chambers because I didn't invite her to dinner in ME2 because they were wishy washy on what actually happened after that dinner. I wanted to make sure it didn't screw up the relationship with Ash in ME3.

The game really isn't that well structured, it feels rushed. You can get the "best" ending even without multiplayer but it takes alot of things being absolutely right from M1 all the way to ME3. personally i wish i'd gotten this at gamestop so i could return this turd for my cash.

Fleck: I think it was the online edition but so far major media outlets and the game sites that haven't been paid for good reviews are standing with the fans that the game should have been better.

I "finished" by collecting about 5600 in war assets, adjusted to 3600 after readiness factor came in. I think the max might be around 6000. I'll need to bring my readiness to 90% to be over 5000 and be eligible for the best ending. I think there are a few resources I missed
like letting the Quarians get annihilated. Although it can be heart wrenching and jaw dropping, I like that they writers didn't pull any punches.

I actually have a lot of fun with the multiplayer but I can see where a lot of people would be hating on it. Especially those who play on the xbox and don't pay for gold. They really are locked out of the better endings unless they pay the monthly fee.

I just read an article on how someone says this petition is counter-productive to the gaming community. He then goes on to compare the game to art and then should not be altered. He clearly does not play a whole lot of video games then.

Its one thing to have a bad ending to a movie or tv show, it costs millions of dollars and would be extremely hard to redo the ending, but thats what director/recuts are for. Redoing video games is completly different, a simple patch or update can alter the game quite easily. Going back to the whole its counter productive, that also is utterly false. When has there been a movement like this for a game? I love the fact that people are breaking the mold of pessimistic gamers, just sitting around. We're actually doing something. Supporting this movement and helping kids in need its just amazing.

It's a shame its for such a bad thing but I'm sure that if Bioware and/or EA has any common sense they'll give the people what they want.

You can spell Reapers without EA.

Last edited:
Man, that "The Final Hours" app didn't help matters either. Terms like "too gamey" and how boss fights are now a bad thing are certainly points that gamers will take issues with.

But probably he most damning thing fans took from this app was the fact that the ending was intentional, planned and approved. This killed all the theories about Shepard being indoctrinated and other parts that could have opened the doorway to having a different ending. They even toned down the ending to explain less of what was going on.

But my personal grudge towards the approach of the ending was that one particular note that says "End of First Matrix". Did they interpret the ending of the first Matrix movie differently? Because the endings to ME3 and the first Matrix film are polar opposites. I didn't see my Shepard telling the powerless Reapers that they've been beaten, we didn't get to see Shepard be with his/her love interest, and we didn't get any sign of hope for the future.

I guess they thought The Matrix Revolutions was the first film since Bioware/EA sold ME3 as the "perfect jumping in point", since Revolutions had an ending that didn't make much sense. I still believe that "jumping in" idea is the worst way to develop and market a game that's the LAST PART OF A TRILOGY!

The fact that bioware isn't saying anything and most of the tweets are from a bot isn't helping. i'm waiting to see if there are more articles in the news.

For what it's worth, my husband has played the multiplayer for just over four hours over the last few days and has boosted his readiness rating considerably. Terminus systems are at 92% and everything else is at 61%, raising his overall to 71%. It doesn't take all that much time to make a significant difference in the ratings. Also, I like the fact that it's co-op multiplayer, not pvp.

Actually I'm at 94% in the terminus systems. :)

You seem to get between +2%-4% per MP game you play. I haven't played that many to be honest so I haven't determined what impacts that amount yet. So far my thought is that a win gives you more than a loss but certain actions in each round also add to that such as reviving fallen players and completing objectives.

I haven't gotten any of the characters to twenty yet to add them as a war asset. My infiltrator is 16 so it shouldn't be too long.

The fact that bioware isn't saying anything and most of the tweets are from a bot isn't helping. i'm waiting to see if there are more articles in the news.

Chris Priestly posted this yesterday.

Please note, we want to give people time to experience the game so while we can’t get into specifics right now, we will be able to address some of your questions once more people have had time to complete the game.

In other words, they're not going to say anything until more people have completed the game. That's like a firefighter telling his fellow fighter NOT to put out a fire until it gets big enough to worry about. Are they hoping that some group of millions of players will magically appear and declare the ending the most genius thing Bioware has ever done? I don't think that's going to happen.

Bioware's losing subscribers to their MMO daily over this and Forbes just put out another article critical of them.

And notice that all the mods on the forum (including priestly) are all paid employees of bioware/EA? And he's a bit of a jerk on the forums too.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back