Mass Effect 2 Capacitor armor

Rogue Spectre

Hello All,

This will be my first blog, anywhere. I will be posting on how I made my Mass Effect 2 Capacitor armor using the popular foam flooring. I should have pics up in the next few days. If you want to see some of my pics though then check out my facebook. I will also be making a seperate thread on how I made my M-3 Predator heavy pistol.

6952-completed.jpg

Last edited:
This is made entirely out of EVA foam, to include the pistol. I used a hobby heat knife to cut the foam and the various attachments to burn in the detail. I also used a dremel on some parts. To glue it all together I used a glue gun with hot melt glue sticks. The paint is krylon fusion. For the power pack I used glowire.

it's so much cooler in person!

and the shoulders, in my opinion, are one of the best parts, since that shape is not easy to do with foam

I used a hobby heat tool to carve the detail before I shaped them. It's much easier to do when it is flat.

To shape them I put them in the oven at 250 for around 3+ min then used my knee to form it to the right shape. If I needed to go back and fix a smaller area I used a heat gun.

Gauntlets: I used police frisking gloves and EVA foam. you can hot glue on the pieces with your hand in the glove and not get burned. I recommend painting the armor pieces first so you don't risk getting paint on the gloves.

6944-gauntlets.jpg

6945-gauntlests-complete.jpg

You were at SDCC weren't you? It certainly looked good in person. I'm not sure if I got a pic with you, but I was the Imperial Officer at the Bioware setup at the Hilton Gaslamp.

Fantastic job man, it came out great! You, me, and Harrison will have to take some sweet pictures at D*C this year.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back