Mask of Anubis bio

MasterAnubis

Sr Member
So, I got some concept sketches of the bio I'm going to make. I'd like some feedback about some of the features of some of them.
I was originally wanting to do a 'Mask of Anubis' theme. However, I think that might not work. Once I get it nailed down I'll make a small clay version of it since it seems like a good thing to do. Then I'm going to draw it to scale and form it out of steel. I'd prefer aluminum but that a different thread.

#1: first attempt to see if I can do proportions right.

#2: I was trying to do a 'Mask of Anubis'

#3: Reproportioned to see if that could work

#4: Just a another Idea

#5: I wanted to see if I was drawing thing right so I went off a known bio

#6: Personal favorite, gives me a Samurai feeling

Later when I have more time I'll cut up the scan and insert it right...

Scan0022A.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooohh!! I just had an idea for a bio something egyptian like the frail going around the head of king tut you know the blue head thing.
Tuthankhamun_Egyptian_Museum.jpg

Tuthankhamun_Egyptian_Museum.jpg

That'd be huge!

Well, it does not have to be exactly that I just think it would be cool to have some form of egyptian colors and hyroglyphs on the bio similar to the markings on the Wolf. I just hope it doesn't remind anyone of those Stargate warriors and their helmets.

AVP_R_Wolf_Bio_Helmet_REPAINT_by_PredatrHuntr.jpg

Well, it does not have to be exactly that I just think it would be cool to have some form of egyptian colors and hyroglyphs on the bio similar to the markings on the Wolf. I just hope it doesn't remind anyone of those Stargate warriors and their helmets.
Unfortunately, any Egyptian themes might have a Stargate feel. They've had the market cornered when it comes to antient Egypt Sci-Fi. What I would like to do is have an actual Anubis feel to imply the same as Stargate does, the gods were aliens. In this case Predators. Those stinkin' jackel ears sticking up aren't helping my ideas any. I'll probably sketch out some more tonight.

I was hoping for specific comments/feedback. Lasers and details will be figued out as I make it.

Unfortunately, any Egyptian themes might have a Stargate feel. They've had the market cornered when it comes to antient Egypt Sci-Fi. What I would like to do is have an actual Anubis feel to imply the same as Stargate does, the gods were aliens. In this case Predators. Those stinkin' jackel ears sticking up aren't helping my ideas any. I'll probably sketch out some more tonight.

I was hoping for specific comments/feedback. Lasers and details will be figued out as I make it

I like 1, 3, 4, and 5. If you are going for a Samurai feel for number 6 then you might want to check this thread out.
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...&hl=Samurai

first off...welcome to the depravity that is The Hunter's Lair!!! It's good to see another local guy around here, your among like minded psychos

secondly...I love the idea of an egyptian predator, in AVP it shows them surrounded by Pyramids so maybe the Egyptians could have emulated them in the first place. Dont worry about it not working out, if you want it to your in the right place to make it happen & everyone here always loves the custom stuff (thats what this site is all about anyway, right)

I like the designs that you have so far (I think my favorite is probably the "Anubis" Bio)

about making them out of metal though, If you plan on making them for display only then go nuts, but if you plan on suiting up & going out to Cons,you might want to think about the weight, a full predator mask (with dreads) is already going to be kinda heavy by itself & if you throw on a metal bio its gonna get VERY uncomfortable very fast...just a suggestion.

...anyway welcome to The Lair & if you need any pointers anyone here will be more than willing to help you out.

Chris

Thanks guys,
My 8yo son really likes #2 then #6. My wife likes #6. I'm going to explore them more and mix'n match to see what turns out. I'll post more as I draw them up. I've got a little Klean Klay to that I can sculpt a 1/6th out of. If this works out then the rest of my theme will be based on the bio. The more I think about it the more I like the concept of an Anubis theme. If I sculpt it I can see if those stinken jackel ears could work.

I'm very conscious of the weight factor. If it does end up too heavy then I'll have a cool display and an original to cast. I wanted to avoid sculpting it 1:1 because I didn't want to run out a buy a bunch of stuff. I have sheet metal, patience and pinch of skill. A metal version won't cost anything out of pocket at the moment. I am also seriously considering a half mask, may not help with weight but it would make more sense if I really like my bio and theme.

I'm very conscious of the weight factor. If it does end up too heavy then I'll have a cool display and an original to cast. I wanted to avoid sculpting it 1:1 because I didn't want to run out a buy a bunch of stuff. I have sheet metal, patience and pinch of skill. A metal version won't cost anything out of pocket at the moment. I am also seriously considering a half mask, may not help with weight but it would make more sense if I really like my bio and theme.
By any chance the one Bio that is @ the beginning of the thread is that yours and if it is made out of metal how much does it way?

By any chance the one Bio that is @ the beginning of the thread is that yours and if it is made out of metal how much does it way?
?
The only pic of a bio I see in this thread was posted by you. I don't have a bio, just drawings. Weight will depend on the thickness of steel I use. Without a final design it wouldn't do any good to start cutting up and shaping anything. I will be able to estemate as soon as I have dimensions. From the Materials thread the normal bios are 2-3lbs. If I can get close I might be good. I just won't know till it's made.

?
The only pic of a bio I see in this thread was posted by you. I don't have a bio, just drawings. Weight will depend on the thickness of steel I use. Without a final design it wouldn't do any good to start cutting up and shaping anything. I will be able to estemate as soon as I have dimensions. From the Materials thread the normal bios are 2-3lbs. If I can get close I might be good. I just won't know till it's made.
My bad sorry for the confusion yeah that was PredatrHuntr's. Least you do have drawings of what you would like to build. I'm not even half way at that point yet i'm going to try to keep my build simple and sticking with the P1 suit only because this is my first time going at something like this same as you I guess. I really hope that we will be able to help eachother through both our endeavors.
keep me updated as you make any progress!

Well I tried my hand at a 1/6th the see if I could remember how to work with clay. Sculptors make this look way easier.

I did this just to see if it would help. I'm not so sure if this will do me any good at this scale. I have enough clay to make it bigger and thats what I think I'll have to do if I want to use this step.

Bio_2.jpg

Bio_1a.jpg

For your first try that is pretty good.
Thanks. I went and made another one tonight. This one is similar but I wanted to visualize the ears wihtout adding them to the first one.

I'm not sure I like that version, tonight I just wanted to play with clay. I will draw out some more ideas to see if I can get the ears to work... I'm hung up on that concept.

1/6th is good for general shape just not the details. The clay is 'regular' so its softer then the red clay thats used. It won't hold quite as much detail. This time I broke out the x-acto for details. It doesn't appear to be that much different in the end result over my customized popsicle sticks. This may not be

2bios_1.jpg

2bios_2.jpg

Both Bio's look great for the scale. I would suggest making the ears fold back a bit more on the "Anubis Bio" maybe have them hang more down the side of the crown. Im glad you decided to do the egyptian theme for your suit. I think it'll be great. when we get to gether we can brainstorm about some more ideas for your suit.

great work so far...keep it up man!

Chris

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back