Mask of Anubis bio

Both Bio's look great for the scale. I would suggest making the ears fold back a bit more on the "Anubis Bio" maybe have them hang more down the side of the crown. Im glad you decided to do the egyptian theme for your suit. I think it'll be great. when we get to gether we can brainstorm about some more ideas for your suit.

great work so far...keep it up man!

Chris
I agree and I think we all three can come up with some great ideas and hopefully all three of us can go to a couple of Cons in our suits or even the movie "Predators" lol!

Thanks. I went and made another one tonight. This one is similar but I wanted to visualize the ears wihtout adding them to the first one.
I really do like the Anubis one and I can now see where you are trying to take the design to a certain levelof creativity very cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I came up with from Un-Bloodeds suggestions.

This is the first sculpt with the ears added. This is just my concept.

The ears a still a little bit taller then I like them. The clay is kind of soft and doesn't like being trimmed without deforming everything and I wanted to see how it would turn out. The facial portion will change some.
Bio1a.jpg

I thought you might want to catch this I was coming across some bios and I know you are trying to build your own, but it looks like there is already one that you are trying to build. The one thing is though that this site is considered a recaster here on the "Lair" check out the list here
Recaster List
Here is the pic of the bio I think you are going for
DSCN4716.jpg

I thought you might want to catch this I was coming across some bios and I know you are trying to build your own, but it looks like there is already one that you are trying to build. The one thing is though that this site is considered a recaster here on the "Lair" check out the list here
Recaster List
That bio looks interesting. Generally I'm not a big fan of the bios that actually look like animals(teeth details). That one give me a devil feel. What I'm going for will end up more like the last sculpt I posted. More angular and less organic.

Basically a technological version of the ancient Mask of Anubis. They weren't trying for scary and they never showed teeth. It was just to represent a god.
anubis5.jpg
anubis3.jpg

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/anubis.htm

Current representations include:
AS03.jpg

I don't think a traditional Mask of Anubis will work directly brought over. What I'm wanting now is a strong influence of it in my bio.

Thanks,
Shawn

anubis5.jpg

anubis3.jpg

AS03.jpg

I know from what I remember you were having diffcultie and some trouble trying to get the ears to get with the bio, so I figured if nothing else that might somewhat help and I agree the teeth is not something I would want either.

awesome designs man really like them you should sculpt some of them , now i dont mean this as too bash u but the second one on the top the anubus predator ......looks like hello kitty predator , on paper bu i noticed it as a sculpt and it looks killer if you put more of a point straight up and down you know jackal style it would look sick but all the others ACES

awesome designs man really like them you should sculpt some of them , now i dont mean this as too bash u but the second one on the top the anubus predator ......looks like hello kitty predator , on paper bu i noticed it as a sculpt and it looks killer if you put more of a point straight up and down you know jackal style it would look sick but all the others ACES
Thanks, I see the Hello Kitty thing now. I started wondering what that would look like, so I Photoshoped up a Hello Kitty Bio.
hellow_kitty_bio_1.jpg

#2 is growing on me more and more(like my avatar). I'm still brainstorming about the concept. This is turning into a work in progress thread.

LMOA the most bloodthirsty of all the yaujta i think all pred suits are forever work in progress and hell if your creative
like you are ideas will just keep coming to keep u busy

Thanks, I see the Hello Kitty thing now. I started wondering what that would look like, so I Photoshoped up a Hello Kitty Bio.

#2 is growing on me more and more(like my avatar). I'm still brainstorming about the concept. This is turning into a work in progress thread.

I was starting to think no one saw the Hello Kitty bio.

Thanks, I'm plenty busy but good and/or fun ideas are always welcome. I think its good to visualize things sometimes and it doesn't all have to be serious. We can get too serious 'round here.

I just got my half mask last night and started a paper template for rough dimensions. I haven't finalized what I want. Starting without a plan can lead to wasting time later. I can get the angles I want now that I have my mask and continue to see how things go. I'll post pics later of my paper portion. It's not much other than a start.

I was starting to think no one saw the Hello Kitty bio.

Thanks, I'm plenty busy but good and/or fun ideas are always welcome. I think its good to visualize things sometimes and it doesn't all have to be serious. We can get too serious 'round here.

I just got my half mask last night and started a paper template for rough dimensions. I haven't finalized what I want. Starting without a plan can lead to wasting time later. I can get the angles I want now that I have my mask and continue to see how things go. I'll post pics later of my paper portion. It's not much other than a start.
I really can't wait to see the half mask in person bro finally get to hold one of these suckers :unsure: I feel like I am way behind you and Un-blooded

So, this turned into the Mask of Anubis bio WIP.

This is my test template for my bio. This will give me an idea what size of pieces to cut for shaping. Ideally, I will make it all out of minila folder and then transfer it to the steel. Then cut the major pieces, shape them and then weld them together. The compound curves are the hardest to make templates for since it cant duplucate the metals ability to stretch and shrink. So, no this isn't the actuall shape the bio will be, it's paper.

PaperBio1.jpg

So, this turned into the Mask of Anubis bio WIP.

This is my test template for my bio. This will give me an idea what size of pieces to cut for shaping. Ideally, I will make it all out of minila folder and then transfer it to the steel. Then cut the major pieces, shape them and then weld them together. The compound curves are the hardest to make templates for since it cant duplucate the metals ability to stretch and shrink. So, no this isn't the actuall shape the bio will be, it's paper.
I think that is a cool idea because that way you can improve on things w/o wasting any needed material

lol i just came across this and i was gonna post this on this thread but you beat me too it bro i was even going to tell him about the recaster list :unsure:

Recaster List
Here is the pic of the bio I think you are going for

lol i just came across this and i was gonna post this on this thread but you beat me too it bro i was even going to tell him about the recaster list :unsure:

It is alright man we actually met up MasterAnubis, Un-Blooded, and myself. We were just talking about this thread tonight and passing around some ideas about what he should do and we have come to the conclusion about him building a bio similar just w/o the teeth I think

I really like the #2 concept and the concept build. It subtly gets the anubis look without making a jackal face. Personally I think the anonymous pred mask or featureless ones like P1, P2 and scar look more threatening or freaky. Like I said I think you should keep moving down the path you are going. my 2 cents

to be redundant:
That bio looks interesting. Generally I'm not a big fan of the bios that actually look like animals(teeth details). That one give me a devil feel. What I'm going for will end up more like the last sculpt I posted. More angular and less organic.

I really like the #2 concept and the concept build. It subtly gets the anubis look without making a jackal face. Personally I think the anonymous pred mask or featureless ones like P1, P2 and scar look more threatening or freaky. Like I said I think you should keep moving down the path you are going. my 2 cents
The detail will be hard enough as it is, so keeping it as simple as possible will be the way to go. As much as I plan out it will still come to how the steel works with me, the tools I have and the patients I have with it. I suspect the no matter how hard I try that it won't turn out quite as pictured. So I'm just going to go for it and keep what I have.

I was able to work on my bio tonight and got some good progress. Since the dome will be the hardest part to get just right (I hope), I started on that. I got most of the general shape and got a feel for how this steel will work. If I can get away with this 22Ga and not add too much during welding, then it should stay under 3lbs total. That will be on par with what hez told me his painted bios weigh.

MetalBio1.jpg

MetalBio2.jpg

I think it is looking good man when I first saw the mask I kind of thought the dome on the head was going to be the most difficult part of the bio build, but you are definitely making some progress. Can't wait to see it the next time we meet.

So it's past time for a small update on my progress.

I had to cut a seam in the front to get it to move the way I needed it to without using a torch. I found that a butt weld on this gauge is very hard to do because its at the limits of my welder. If I back it with another strip of metal then I could do it. I just don't want it to be that way this time. It would be the way the rest of the bio would go too, just too hard to do right now.
So, it went on the wall of 'whatever' until I feel like getting to it.
Bio1_1.jpg

I tried using the other thickness I had and realized(after I started) that it would be the same thickness as a real Medieval helmet. Thats not good for comfort. So I went and got some metal that was just a little thicker then I started with. Now I'm just about where I was at the last posting but on Rev 3.

We'll se how it goes.

OK, I got side tracked with my blade gauntlet. Now I back to the bio. I am suffering from serious lack of enthusiasm for the metal. I couldn't come up with a TIG welder and so I rethought my position and now I'm just going ot have to sculpt it

So,
This is my progress from today. I made my armature last night and rough sculpted this today. It's about ten pounds of Classic Clay Medium and I haven't used it before. So far I like it. I might go for a firm next time. My 1/6th scale bio on the right is Klean Klay regular.
maskOfAnubis.jpg

maskOfAnubis.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back