Mask Air-Conditioning System

sulaco1967

I've been spending so much time building my predator's costume, armour, backpack, gauntlets, etc, that I've neglected to actually trying on my mask.
I found this to be a really uncomfortable experience due to the heat and being unable to breathe properly.
I expanded the mouth to be able to breathe, however, I still found , the mask very quickly stiffling.

I have created an air-conditioning system for the mask using the following components:

I found this at a car boot sale. Don't know who makes it, however it is similar to Elefun. It basically has a big fan at the bottom and blows out plastic fish that the kids can catch.

I got this out of a supermarket and it only cost me a pound.

Sodastream bottle.

I will be attaching the whole system, once assembled, to the bottom of the backpack.

The predator I am creating is not screen accurate so this is not a problem for me.
I have just playtested the system, running a pipe into the Biomask, just below my mouth, and felt a considerable difference in air quality.
I know nothing about electronics and tried a soldering iron for the first time ever and managed to reverse the polarity of the fan. The battery packtakes type C batteries which are very heavy and I've had to create a system where they can be hung near the fan and provide access for chnaging of batteries. This is housed inside the sodastream cannister.

I've attached pictures below and hope to post more pictures later, once it is finished, painted and dressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just playtested the system, running a pipe into the Biomask, just below my mouth, and felt a considerable difference in air quality.
I know nothing about electronics and tried a soldering iron for the first time ever and managed to reverse the polarity of the fan. The battery packtakes type C batteries which are very heavy and I've had to create a system where they can be hung near the fan and provide access for chnaging of batteries. This is housed inside the sodastream cannister.

Many of the costumers and troopers here in Florida use a number of small computer CPU fans inside their helmets.

Many of the costumers and troopers here in Florida use a number of small computer CPU fans inside their helmets.

Great idea, found an old one this morning and tried it out and it works fantastic. I juast attached it to the battery pack and off it went. May incorpirate it into suit somewhere. Thanks for that.

41c%2BGizM7iL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

I like and admire your ingenuity, you should also pick up one of these, it will do wonders and change your experience forever. They work extremely well.They are very inexpensive and have literally saved my life, under a mask. They work because you fill small sponges within the unit with cool water, the unit then employs a micro fan to use the water to cool metal plates that come into contact with your Carotid Artery and Jugular veins as well as your neck as a whole. The thing is amazing, I use to include them with my rigs. I hope this helps. Keep up the good work!

Kindest Regards,

Alan

41c%2BGizM7iL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

I like and admire your ingenuity, you should also pick up one of these, it will do wonders and change your experience forever. They work extremely well.They are very inexpensive and have literally saved my life, under a mask. They work because you fill small sponges within the unit with cool water, the unit then employs a micro fan to use the water to cool metal plates that come into contact with your Carotid Artery and Jugular veins as well as your neck as a whole. The thing is amazing, I use to include them with my rigs. I hope this helps. Keep up the good work!

Kindest Regards,

Alan
Thanks for a great comment it is fantastic to get some feedback on work you create. I checked out the coolware system and it is amazing. I really like the design of it, quite sci-fi looking. Price wise including shipping it would work out about $100 dollars to to Scotland, love it, want it and it is going on my wish list. Just hope there are some left after the lair devestates the stock, lol. Have tried to find a uk supplier but no luck so far. Once again thanks for the comment. Cheers

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back