Marvel Legends Stormbreaker

Hey all. Looking to repaint my full size Hasbro Marvel Legends Stormbreaker. Any recommendations as far as metallic paint vs. Graphite powder, color scheme, filling in the seam on the blade. First time attempting so any advice is very much appreciated. Or any prop builders in New Jersey I could pay to paint it for me!

bondo or spot putty never hurts for filling in seams, id be hesitant to repaint most of the axehead out of fear id lose the translucent lighting effect.
Hey all. Looking to repaint my full size Hasbro Marvel Legends Stormbreaker. Any recommendations as far as metallic paint vs. Graphite powder, color scheme, filling in the seam on the blade. First time attempting so any advice is very much appreciated. Or any prop builders in New Jersey I could pay to paint it for me!

Ok great suggestions I'll definitely look into those!!!! Which do you think would be easier to work with and I guess aand down smooth. Also what's your opinion to go graphite powder or paint? Do you know if you can do a dark was into the runes and details after the powder is applied or will it take it off? I've decided to do without the effects, left the batteries out. Wished they had gone with the blue instead of the red and wasn't til after a few reviews did I notice the let it rest and it turns itself off feature so when I put it together I was under the impression there was no "off" lol but still I feel I'd rather have a sick looking as accurate as possible axe than the lighting.

bondo or spot putty never hurts for filling in seams, id be hesitant to repaint most of the axehead out of fear id lose the translucent lighting effect.
Ok great suggestions I'll definitely look into those!!!! Which do you think would be easier to work with and I guess aand down smooth. Also what's your opinion to go graphite powder or paint? Do you know if you can do a dark was into the runes and details after the powder is applied or will it take it off? I've decided to do without the effects, left the batteries out. Wished they had gone with the blue instead of the red and wasn't til after a few reviews did I notice the let it rest and it turns itself off feature so when I put it together I was under the impression there was no "off" lol but still I feel I'd rather have a sick looking as accurate as possible axe than the lighting.

i have one so i get that, it never shuts up haha. standard bondo will give a strong more sandable finish as it actually cures. graphite powder pics u[ finger prints more than some spray paints but the effect can def be worth it. Pretty sure you still need a base coat though

i have one so i get that, it never shuts up haha. standard bondo will give a strong more sandable finish as it actually cures. graphite powder pics u[ finger prints more than some spray paints but the effect can def be worth it. Pretty sure you still need a base coat though
Lmao I know seriously which is a shame it does sound and look really good, despite no blue lol.
Yeah as far as the fingerprints I was gonna clear coat it after. I know clear coat can dull the shine but from most of the pics I see there's no REALLY shiny parts of Stormbreaker all seems to be more a dull polished look. It's tough to tell sometimes it looks one way in pics then completely different in others based on lighting.
As far as base coat Coregeek did a great video on YouTube trying the powder on different base coats
Based on the video I was thinking a flat black base for the dark areas and a glossy white base for the lighter parts. Maybe.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back