Limited Run Marvel Agents of SHIELD Inhuman Diviner Obelisk UPDATE

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've enjoyed Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the recent Inhuman storyline got me thinking how cool it would be to have a Diviner Obelisk.
I started provisional work on this last year before Christmas finally got all of the geometry worked out and put together the pieces this weekend, it took some creative thinking but I got there in the end.
I have a few edges to spot fill and then it is ready for molding.

I just need to give the Diviner a wet sand with 1200 grade before I add the hexagonal pattern to the surface which I will post a photo of in this thread soon!

The important question that everyone is going to ask...price.

I'm going to offer hollow white resin casts of the Inhuman Diviner Obelisk for $165 plus postage costs which given the size of the prop I estimate to be $25 which will be tracked with a signature and insured.

I will be molding and start casting next weekend but I wanted to get the ball rolling and see how much interest there is in the prop.

Please post here if you are interested in a Diviner Obelisk.

Interest List.

1. enterprise0216
2. Bobatrek
3. Alric
4. Captain France
5. Spuj
6. Stormshadow

Thanks
Jamie

Last edited:
Re: Marvel Agents of SHIELD Inhuman Diviner Obelisk prop

Interested pending final pics. What u gonna cast it out of? Wil they be finished?

Interested pending final pics. What u gonna cast it out of? Wil they be finished?

Hi,
As per the original post they will be hollow white cast resin (polyurethane).

When you say finished, do you mean painted?
No, unfortunately the weather in the UK although improving isn't too great for painting at the moment as it's a bit too cold, but if you would like a painted Diviner I could probably do one in the coming months but it would be a little extra than the kit price.

Thanks,

Anymore info on what product you will use? The color of the resin is hardly a description. I'm just curious as there are lots of white resins out there and I'd like to know the properties of the product. Any idea when you would have the first cast completed by?
Thanks,

It's a polyurethane 1:1 ratio mix slow cure resin.
I need to apply the hexagonal finish to every surface of the Diviner which will be a fiddly process and time consuming.
Once that is done I will mold and hollow cast the piece.
I'm hoping to get the first cast done within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for your interest.

I might be interested as well but as mentioned previously, I'm curious to know which white 1:1 mix polyurethane resin you are using? The reason I ask is that they all have different properties in regards to how durable and hard the cured plastic is. As well I've found that some resins seem to be a bit more difficult to paint - for example I know a few people who avoid smooth cast 65D because of this issue

I might be interested as well but as mentioned previously, I'm curious to know which white 1:1 mix polyurethane resin you are using? The reason I ask is that they all have different properties in regards to how durable and hard the cured plastic is. As well I've found that some resins seem to be a bit more difficult to paint - for example I know a few people who avoid smooth cast 65D because of this issue

I didn't realise the type of resin was going to be such a big talking point. :)
I will likely use the F19 from Axson.
The PDF product datasheet can be found in the link below.

http://www.axson-na.com/TDSs/TDS - F 19.pdf

Thanks for your interest.

Might be interested, but I want to see the final product first :)

I've put your thread on my favorites to follow your progress ^^

Interested

Added to the list

Might be interested, but I want to see the final product first :)

I've put your thread on my favorites to follow your progress ^^

That's perfectly understandable, I should have more to show by next weekend when I've got to the tricky part of adding the hexagonal pattern to each face.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't forsee any painting issues with the resin once it is cast, I've added you to the list.
Thanks

For those that haven't seen episode 12, spoiler below.

How great would it be to have a huge Kree casket with 6 Diviners inside!
kree diviner casket.jpg

I've done all of the clean-up and filling in on the main body of the prop which I would confidently say is at least 95% accurate in shape to the one used in the TV show.
Now it is down to the tricky part... applying the hexagonal surface detail.

This is seriously fiddly aspect to finishing the prop prior to molding but I know in the end it will be worth it to give a prop for myself and members here something that is as close to screenused as I can get.
I need to re-cut the original templates and I get one shot at applying it right first time, once that tense part is over I need to sit with the dress makers pin and pick out the hexagons to leave the negative space between to give the correct surface detail.

Since this is going to be hollow cast it is very possible that it could be lit internally with LED lighting but we will cross that bridge soon.

Thanks.

Interested, but pending final pictures of course. Really excited to see the piece though.

I'm making some adjustments to the surface finish of the prop, the main piece itself is looking great and smooth as an Android's bottom after wet sanding with 1200 grade paper.
I will post photos of the prop when it is ready to go.

It would be good to still get at least 5 people interested in the Diviner to proceed.

Thanks

I'm hoping to have the new the surface finished to match the screenused prop within the next 2 weeks as I'm just waiting on a crucial element to arrive.

Anyone who wants to join the run please feel free to post.

I should have some pictures soon and I'm pretty sure you'll feel it was worth the wait. This will be virtually identical to the screenused prop when finished, I just need you all to hang in there a little longer. I would rather take an extra week and get it perfect than rush this out and deliver something inaccurate.

Thanks for your patience guys and gals.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back