Mark 7 and new design

Re: Iron man mark 7 first time build welsh boy

Just had a look they would b ideal! Im going to start the plastic coating process tomorrow so when its all done im gunna test how hot i get in the suit. If its unbarably hot in it then the last thing i want is not to be able to take the helmet off lol so gonna wait and see what happens with that. Unless you have any ideas to have the push pull device easily detachable?

The rod just slips down the front of the chest piece. Its only about 40cm long so it doesnt prevent the helmet from being removed in the slightest. Its only attached to the helmet itself ;)

Hi Reddragon, pretty awesome you're Ironman, I saw on the first pictures that you make something different from the pepakura files, very nice and clean, but you're update show a different forearm, the first one did you follow from pepakura files or just looking at the pictures as reference :confused :confused :confused :confused
ironman-mark7.jpg

Looking good man. Nice to see another UK Ironman in the ranks :)

Looking forward to seeing this one all finished.
Tom

Hi Reddragon, pretty awesome you're Ironman, I saw on the first pictures that you make something different from the pepakura files, very nice and clean, but you're update show a different forearm, the first one did you follow from pepakura files or just looking at the pictures as reference :confused :confused :confused :confused
ironman-mark7.jpg
Theres a dude on the rpf his name is Teragon and he modified the template of the forearm using this picture as a reference so i just looked at it and copied his version freehand. heres a link to his page http://www.therpf.com/f24/teragons-iron-man-mk-7-plastic-foamcore-150592/ apart from the top piece its just one piece of foam that wraps around so its easier to make and in my opinion looks a lot better.

The rod just slips down the front of the chest piece. Its only about 40cm long so it doesnt prevent the helmet from being removed in the slightest. Its only attached to the helmet itself ;)
sounds good but im not sure about havin to move my hand to my mid area to move the faceplate up and down i think it kinda takes away from the whole impression of it bein like the movie thats why i want it controlled by where my hand actually is. The rate im going and working 6 days a week the helmet might just b a solid piece anyways wish i discovered the rpf a little bit sooner :facepalm

Looking good man. Nice to see another UK Ironman in the ranks :)

Looking forward to seeing this one all finished.
Tom

Me too mate i been invited to a few halloween parties so hopefully all will be good for then. Thats why i built it afterall lol.

wow, this is so good!

Stealth man that means so much coming from you dude i actually concider you to be like the godfather of the rpf lol If you didnt make the hero tutorials i wouldnt have made this suit!!!! so as always thanks a lot for everything you have done to help other r.p.f-ers
YOU DA MAN

Messed up the last captain america helmet i hit a massive chunk of foam out of the side so heres the new and improved one
576890_4334796001878_594461078_n.jpg

Hey mate, new shield? Check out my Cap thread in my signature, I made my shield in a very similar way to what I'm assuming you're going to attempt. Learn from my mistakes lol...There were a few :p

Theres a dude on the rpf his name is Teragon and he modified the template of the forearm using this picture as a reference so i just looked at it and copied his version freehand. heres a link to his page http://www.therpf.com/f24/teragons-iron-man-mk-7-plastic-foamcore-150592/ apart from the top piece its just one piece of foam that wraps around so its easier to make and in my opinion looks a lot better.

I thought the same, looks much better the forearm buided like that way.
Thanks a lot, by the way your armor looks awesome, very clean.

Started the body filler today a long way to go but i'll get there, hopefully done by the end of the week
527317_4356428942688_1535982647_n.jpg

Forearm guards just a pair of football shin pads or if your american at home.... socceeeeeeeeeer lol

44237_4356417942413_596143332_n.jpg

Hey mate, new shield? Check out my Cap thread in my signature, I made my shield in a very similar way to what I'm assuming you're going to attempt. Learn from my mistakes lol...There were a few :p

Nah mine is just a quick shield for a mate its cardboard strengthened with liquid plastic and its pretty much solid only gotta add the blue and red to it and its done

I thought the same, looks much better the forearm buided like that way.
Thanks a lot, by the way your armor looks awesome, very clean.

Thanks a lot bud i defo reccomend building the forearms the way i did so yea go for it

second stage of paint I'll add the blue tomorrow
269579_4369914519819_2096943710_n.jpg

and the start of the jacket i gotta add the stars and stripes
579373_4369914959830_67964754_n.jpg

Hi bro what thickness foam did u use and if u dont mind me asking where u buy it .
amazing work by the way.:thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back