Mark 46 build 3D print

Don't know why but this reminds me of a motorbike front. ( picture of the top part of the body armour with the arc reactor) But apart from that, It looks awesome! I wish i had the time and know how.

TKCC71 Any updates?

At the moment I have a few parts on the que to get painted. Unfortunately the weather has been a little too humid to paint. I also starting re-printing a few parts in PETG. No more PLA for me. This stuff is amazing. Solid as a rock.

Also my repulsor finally came in. Love it!

Here's a few photos and video for now.

D7D4B4DC-9F30-44A3-B398-B6AF84EE4BEF_zpsvi7duxkq.jpg

EF14185E-6BEF-41A9-A916-8EAF458F71E4_zpsvzvgluiy.jpg

Attachments

• D7D4B4DC-9F30-44A3-B398-B6AF84EE4BEF_zpsvi7duxkq.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 79
  • EF14185E-6BEF-41A9-A916-8EAF458F71E4_zpsvzvgluiy.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 75
  • D7D4B4DC-9F30-44A3-B398-B6AF84EE4BEF_zpsvi7duxkq.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 77
  • EF14185E-6BEF-41A9-A916-8EAF458F71E4_zpsvzvgluiy.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 88
Last edited by a moderator:
I also starting re-printing a few parts in PETG. No more PLA for me. This stuff is amazing. Solid as a rock.
Looking forward to seeing how it comes out. I still have two and a half spools of PLA to burn through before I have to buy more. Might have to give it a shot ;)

Looks amazing. Your parts looks so smooth. I'm struggling somewhat to achieve the same level of finish on my own mk45 build.

I was also considering changing material after encountering softening of PLA under direct sunlight. Is there anything special you're doing to print with PETG?

Are those repulsors from Darkside?

Looks amazing. Your parts looks so smooth. I'm struggling somewhat to achieve the same level of finish on my own mk45 build.

I was also considering changing material after encountering softening of PLA under direct sunlight. Is there anything special you're doing to print with PETG?

Are those repulsors from Darkside?

I am printing the PETG at 230 and have my bed around 100. What's nice is that it seems that it prints better at fast speeds. It also sands really well. It almost has the same properties as ABS but doesn't warp.

The repulsors came from China via eBay.

Quick look on eBay and I couldn't find anything similar. Do you have any contact info?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If i add a glass plate to my printer do i need to change something in the settings to change the point 0 of the Y axis ? I also think about buyin a formlab 2 resin 3d printer do you think it woukd be a good idea ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
If i add a glass plate to my printer do i need to change something in the settings to change the point 0 of the Y axis ? I also think about buyin a formlab 2 resin 3d printer do you think it woukd be a good idea ?

If your print bed cannot be levelled below the level needed for the additional glass plate then you would need to change the position of your z-axis limit switch.

Resin printers like the formlabs can give great results for highly detailed parts. I use a print on demand service to print in resin small items that would otherwise fail on my FDM printer. But in general for an IM build like this it's probably overkill. For my money I'd buy a quality FDM printer with a large print volume.

Just my $0.02 worth

If your print bed cannot be levelled below the level needed for the additional glass plate then you would need to change the position of your z-axis limit switch.

Resin printers like the formlabs can give great results for highly detailed parts. I use a print on demand service to print in resin small items that would otherwise fail on my FDM printer. But in general for an IM build like this it's probably overkill. For my money I'd buy a quality FDM printer with a large print volume.

Just my $0.02 worth
Yeah i just saw the price for the resin ahah project abort

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back