Mark 40 Shotgun WIp

Here are a few things i could see but nothing major at all :) It looks awesome!
View attachment 181995
Looks just like the real thing :D

Thanks for the tip Jackie! I made the changes and will upload them in the morning.. Let me know what you think!

- - - Updated - - -

I am so glad you are looking at this too.... more eyes on this and it will be legit. He's getting this out quick.... you both are awesome for what you do for us.

Ya I am grateful for his help and everyone who helps make this go faster and better.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome job on the models
Are you are anyone else going to release foam unfolds
I would love to make this

I do not have time right now to do the unfolds.. I am just working on getting the model done.

- - - Updated - - -

BSD these are amazing I love the Mark 40 Shotgun suit and you are definitely doing it justice! Also you aren't charging for them either that's just super cool dude thanks!

You are welcome! I wanted to make this armor so I figured why not share and help others out as well.. If some peeps donate a little money then cool and if not well lol Thats cool as well.. I just wanna help out because others have done the same for me to :)

I will have the new chest and hopefully back up in the morning for you all to view..

I also did another tweek to the Helmet file.. It was missing some vents on the back but they are there now. And the new chest file is up as well! Let me know what you guys think!

I have been thinking about this since I started this model... I am not sure how the heck I am going to paint this... What color and what kind of paint??? Any ideas?

I have been thinking about this since I started this model... I am not sure how the heck I am going to paint this... What color and what kind of paint??? Any ideas?

due the new chest is spot on :) , and i thought about that my self would it not be a midnight black/blue or somthing and hows the back coming along ? just askin because i need it to get the scale rite for the chest hehe just bought some card today to get it all printed mwahahahahah another one to add to my builds :p and again dude awsome work :)

due the new chest is spot on :) , and i thought about that my self would it not be a midnight black/blue or somthing and hows the back coming along ? just askin because i need it to get the scale rite for the chest hehe just bought some card today to get it all printed mwahahahahah another one to add to my builds :p and again dude awsome work :)

The back is taking a little longer... I should have the back and bicep and hopefully elbows done tomorrow night

Good job BSD :thumbsup
When I first look at this suit, It almost looks like Mk2, chrome/dull silver as total base coat.
Added transparent black/smoke on some darker areas.
Before painting, make two/three layers of resin. After cure, run a fine sandpaper in one direction. It'll create metal hairline finish.
Once painted with chrome, the result would be GREAT.....

The back is taking a little longer... I should have the back and bicep and hopefully elbows done tomorrow night

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt then i shall wait patiantly buddy and get the helmet built :p

- - - Updated - - -

Good job BSD :thumbsup
When I first look at this suit, It almost looks like Mk2, chrome/dull silver as total base coat.
Added transparent black/smoke on some darker areas.
Before painting, make two/three layers of resin. After cure, run a fine sandpaper in one direction. It'll create metal hairline finish.
Once painted with chrome, the result would be GREAT.....
wouldnt you need to body fill/ bondo first befor paint or would three layers of resin work fine??

When I did my Mk6 helmet, I just resin it, no bondo.
Gaps would still be seen, but hey, look at the quality of the foam work nowadays.
Most of you had a clean seam, that bondo will no longer needed :D.
The reason I mentioned resin is to have some thickness of the surface that can be sanded.
If you prefer bondo over resin, it'll work just fine.
A thicker prime (several coats) perhaps can achieve the effect too.

When I did my Mk6 helmet, I just resin it, no bondo.
Gaps would still be seen, but hey, look at the quality of the foam work nowadays.
Most of you had a clean seam, that bondo will no longer needed :D.
The reason I mentioned resin is to have some thickness of the surface that can be sanded.
If you prefer bondo over resin, it'll work just fine.
A thicker prime (several coats) perhaps can achieve the effect too.

sweet man mite try that :)

BSD the new chest is awesome! I love the giant screws and extra details. Keep up the good work dude.:D

Thanks! All files that are up now are ready to be unfolded.. I prefer foam myself but I would love to see some cardstock work as well.. The back is giving me some problems but I will get through it.. . Maybe tomorrow I will have the bicep to go along with it.

BSD.. can i request something? please align each parts so it can imported to pep designer and we can get the total height of the whole suit for those who wants to make a 1:1 scale suit ^_^

BSD.. can i request something? please align each parts so it can imported to pep designer and we can get the total height of the whole suit for those who wants to make a 1:1 scale suit ^_^

its all ready aligned ive managed to do it in pep designer so theres no problems in that

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! All files that are up now are ready to be unfolded.. I prefer foam myself but I would love to see some cardstock work as well.. The back is giving me some problems but I will get through it.. . Maybe tomorrow I will have the bicep to go along with it.

awsome dudee and ill be doing a full pep suit off this :)

This thread/WIP is so exciting...I cant wait for this...when Tony put on this suit for the last "big" fight agains Killian...i was all "AHH, Shiii...here we go...Shotgun bout to throwdown..."...then he got sliced in half...:facepalm...LOL

I loved the fact that his repulsar fire came out fast...synonymous with SHOTGUN!!

Awesome work brotha :thumbsup

They should all be aligned when they are set at scale 27.5 witch is what I posted them as... I will double check tho

- - - Updated - - -

This thread/WIP is so exciting...I cant wait for this...when Tony put on this suit for the last "big" fight agains Killian...i was all "AHH, Shiii...here we go...Shotgun bout to throwdown..."...then he got sliced in half...:facepalm...LOL

I loved the fact that his repulsar fire came out fast...synonymous with SHOTGUN!!

Awesome work brotha :thumbsup

Thanks man!

They should all be aligned when they are set at scale 27.5 witch is what I posted them as... I will double check tho

yeh they are buddy and is the scale ratio the same as darksides ? so if i was to set them at 23 it would be the right hieght for someone 5'6?

Yup I just downloaded them all and they line up good for me when I imported them all.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back