Mangalore Grenade from Fifth Element

BonesAreDollars

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Watched the Fifth Element the other night and had the itch to build something from it. The Zorg ZF-1 is too big of a project right now so I did some digging around and found the mangalore grenade on thingiverse.

I’m pretty sure someone here in the RPF modeled it.

Super fun quick build. Printed in resin and used a maglite mini for the handle as described in the build from thingiverse. Acrylic rods for lights. Painted with black high temp enamel then metalfx chrome. Spikes were done with decoart metallic blue.
7158DABF-9016-4BCA-8609-647D1D90666E.jpeg

Awesome! Great job! If you offer to do a run of these, put me on the list! You really nailed it! :)
Thank you! Sadly I can’t just do a run of these as it’s not my design. I did reach out to the original designer and got the go ahead to make one more for someone else.

I really only do builds for personal enjoyment. These are a pretty fun build and I know everyone doesn’t have the tools/space/materials/time to build one of their own. I’ll reach out to the original designer again and see if I can get his blessing to do a small batch (like max 5) run or at least make one more for you.

Nice build. What did you use for the springs?
I don’t recall the exact size, I think it was a 1/4 spring I found at my local hardware store that I cut to size.

I’ll dig around tomorrow and see if I have one in the package so I can get you the exact measurement/brand.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back