Done / Completed Mando Beskar Ingot in METAL - TWO RESERVES LEFT

Shipped today:_
fekali
pepperbone
TheKorr
ChissGoddess
goldcylon

Please allow up to 4-ish weeks for them to arrive due to the current crisis.

Another batch going out during the weekend.

I also picked up SEVEN cast blanks from the foundry today. A couple of those are spoken for and another couple will be held in reserve but I WILL accept an extra order or two! Will start on those seven this weekend.

Getting close to the finish line, folks. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for all the support and kind words!

Five more went out today

enterprise0216 (two)
BigBoss
smugglr
symmetric

Small note: For those that got two, I usually send them out separately.

Aiming to have the rest on the way before next week.

So... I've started putting clear coats on the last few I will make. Barring any I have to redo, they should all be ready to pack up in a few days.

I still have extras (plus a couple in reserve for unexpected events) that I can let so so this is the LAST CALL if you want one. (I also have one where the two grooves on the back are just a tad roughly cast that I can let go for $25 less. Send me a PM if interested!

Tupapa Ghstops6 patolcott Egos13 ragnar heil kickman88 ChrisGoelz you guys previously expressed interest but I don't recall if we ever followed up in PM, so IF you still want one, get in touch and let me know ASAP (if not, just ignore this). : )

OK, small update. All but one of the last spoken-for ingots will be going out tomorrow if all goes as planned. (The last one is going out with another package.)

I still have a few extras if anyone wants one and I am NOT planning on doing more when they are gone.

OK, small update. All but one of the last spoken-for ingots will be going out tomorrow if all goes as planned. (The last one is going out with another package.)

I still have a few extras if anyone wants one and I am NOT planning on doing more when they are gone.
Quick q my good sir. Does this include the 2nd ingot I ordered?

More ingots went out on Sunday:

symmetric
Ghstop6
Cmarlow (X2)
ConFu (X2
ThePawn
gromenawer
Perducci8
ProfKSergeev

Reminder (yet again): The normal transit time is about 2 weeks BUT with the current crisis, we need to allow 4-5 before we start worrying about something being lost. (Some postal services are now going by SHIP instead of plane, and that can add 1-2 MONTHS to delivery... but I wouldn't think that these fall into that category.) Mail is working, but slower. (Just as an FYI: I got tracking for a randomly selected few of the Mandalorian blaster kits to keep track of things and it looks like those still haven't left the country even though they were sent over a week ago. So yeah, delays!)

I now have FIVE ingots left in reserve.

Mandalorian Fans better get their Beskar before it all gone. Thanks Joatrash for making this happen and taking time out of your very busy schedule. I look forward to receiving my two whenever it gets here HELL YES I AM EXCITED!

More ingots went out on Sunday:

symmetric
Ghstop6
Cmarlow (X2)
ConFu (X2
ThePawn
gromenawer
Perducci8
ProfKSergeev

Reminder (yet again): The normal transit time is about 2 weeks BUT with the current crisis, we need to allow 4-5 before we start worrying about something being lost. (Some postal services are now going by SHIP instead of plane, and that can add 1-2 MONTHS to delivery... but I wouldn't think that these fall into that category.) Mail is working, but slower. (Just as an FYI: I got tracking for a randomly selected few of the Mandalorian blaster kits to keep track of things and it looks like those still haven't left the country even though they were sent over a week ago. So yeah, delays!)

I now have FIVE ingots left in reserve.
So excited to see this thing in person. Believe me, I'll be eagerly waiting at home for the package, for multiple reasons.

Hi Joatrash FX,
I just wanted to you know i got one of the Beskar Ignot out of two in the mail today. I will let you know when the second one shows up. I must say this BESKAR IGNOT has blown me away! The weight, attention to detail, the patterns on the BESKAR, Imperial marking. Lets not forget how smooth it feels as well. You Sir have done it again with your Artisan work and i truly appreciate it and also grateful i opted to get a second one as well. I also left positive feedback thank you again. I wish my wallet was bigger love to get in on other projects you going on. I guess one thing at a time...LOL! Thank you :D:D

Pleasantly impressed and also disappointed in the finish. Color is spot on! has a decent weight and the way the lacquer affects the lighting, and how the front of the beskar isn’t completely flat helps with light distribution on the beskar itself indoors and outside. Sadly looks like some of the lacquer finish had/started to peel off on one of the corners and With it... a tiny bit of the finish underneath with it. Which is disappointing considering the price of this item. :C
Any tips on lacquer I could use on this corner on to fix it from lifting further and prevent it from further peeling? JOATRASH FX
was wanting to use this as my main carry around beskar for my mando, but this durability seems like it will be a display piece only.
78D9FA12-6F83-4254-A695-95DD54661325.jpeg
96F71D2D-1895-448B-9550-753563D9B14B.jpeg
23C6BF22-A931-4AF3-AFB1-51AB732F115D.jpeg
08848157-D3B9-4E86-9CA5-CB6A5235899F.jpeg

Last edited:
Sadly looks like some of the lacquer finish had/started to peel off on one of the corners and With it... a tiny bit of the finish underneath with it.

Hmm... that looks VERY strange. Is the entire corner gone, both on top AND on the side!? I've done 50-ish of these and the only way I can think of that would happen is if it came into contact with something sharp that cut or ripped a chunk off. They are coated on average in 4-7 layers of thick, clear lacquer. (They won't take a drop onto concrete or something, but should be fine for normal handling and carrying around... just don't have it in your pocket with keys and things that are sharp.) I've stripped quite a few of them because I wasn't happy with the pattern and wanted to start over and the clear coat doesn't really "peel" unless you pull big strips off- first you have to cut the surface (I use a scalpel) and actually get it to "lift". The way the edge of that round spot "curls" outward, on the side it definitely looks like it got caught on something that tore into it and pulled. The lacquer basically forms a plastic-like film that seals it, so it wouldn't just flake or chip like an old, dry paint either, without something extreme affecting it chemically. If I were using a cellulose-based lacquer, (like on a Gibson guitar) I might've suspected that the bubble wrap in the packaging came into contact with it and caused a chemical reaction, but that shouldn't be the case here. (I learned the hard way a few years ago that you NEVER put a Gibson guitar against plastic... the clear coat will be destroyed where it comes into contact after a while. I had a cheap guitar stand, with a plastic-based pad instead of a rubber one... the back of the guitar wasn't nice after a while.)

Was there any damage to the packaging? Any evidence it might've been opened by customs or something? (They are not known for being careful when inspecting things...)

Whatever happened, I'm sorry it did. You're absolutely welcome to send it back and I'll strip it and redo the finish, or if you'd prefer to fix it yourself and "hide" the patch, you can take a thin brush and draw a couple black lines to connect the pattern, then just coat with a few drops of clear to seal it- you can use any clear really, but an acrylic water-based clear stands less of a chance reacting with the clear I put on there. (One thing I don't recommend is sanding the edges, because it's likely to get worse.) But it might be hard to hide completely, so as I said... I'm happy to redo the entire finish if you want. Just send me a PM and we can get it sorted.

Hmm... that looks VERY strange. Is the entire corner gone, both on top AND on the side!? I've done 50-ish of these and the only way I can think of that would happen is if it came into contact with something sharp that cut or ripped a chunk off. They are coated on average in 4-7 layers of thick, clear lacquer. (They won't take a drop onto concrete or something, but should be fine for normal handling and carrying around... just don't have it in your pocket with keys and things that are sharp.) I've stripped quite a few of them because I wasn't happy with the pattern and wanted to start over and the clear coat doesn't really "peel" unless you pull big strips off- first you have to cut the surface (I use a scalpel) and actually get it to "lift". The way the edge of that round spot "curls" outward, on the side it definitely looks like it got caught on something that tore into it and pulled. The lacquer basically forms a plastic-like film that seals it, so it wouldn't just flake or chip like an old, dry paint either, without something extreme affecting it chemically. If I were using a cellulose-based lacquer, (like on a Gibson guitar) I might've suspected that the bubble wrap in the packaging came into contact with it and caused a chemical reaction, but that shouldn't be the case here. (I learned the hard way a few years ago that you NEVER put a Gibson guitar against plastic... the clear coat will be destroyed where it comes into contact after a while. I had a cheap guitar stand, with a plastic-based pad instead of a rubber one... the back of the guitar wasn't nice after a while.)

Was there any damage to the packaging? Any evidence it might've been opened by customs or something? (They are not known for being careful when inspecting things...)

Whatever happened, I'm sorry it did. You're absolutely welcome to send it back and I'll strip it and redo the finish, or if you'd prefer to fix it yourself and "hide" the patch, you can take a thin brush and draw a couple black lines to connect the pattern, then just coat with a few drops of clear to seal it- you can use any clear really, but an acrylic water-based clear stands less of a chance reacting with the clear I put on there. (One thing I don't recommend is sanding the edges, because it's likely to get worse.) But it might be hard to hide completely, so as I said... I'm happy to redo the entire finish if you want. Just send me a PM and we can get it sorted.
It is really werid :/ I still have the packaging on my desk I looked and ripped it open to check for something but couldnt find anything suspicious inside and no indication that customs opened it at all here in the USA. only thing was a few scrapes on the outside of the package and a few bubbles popped so maybe something on the outside hit the beskar??? I just don't really know, all other edges are pretty well layered particularly the front/back.
it’s almost like the layer underneath just doesn’t have the lines in that one corner on the top edge, but still has the outer clear layer hanging and a little spot completely missing on the side as pictured in my previous post. I’ll shot you a PM. Thanks so much beside these issues I can easily say this is the best beskar out there
.51CC5CA9-11FE-4653-BCAF-8958C187A41A.jpeg957E56C8-EED1-4A7B-8365-C32420D033E8.jpeg4F5F876D-8846-4764-A1FD-33A33621D13B.jpeg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back