Mandalorian Reference Thread

Lunsfuhd

Though I'd start a reference thread of the new Disney+ show The Mandalorian. The helmet looks similar to Fett's but seems slightly more narrow.
mandalorian-d.jpg

the_mandalorian_768x607.1538612427.jpg

The footage from this looks incredible. This may end up being the best thing Disney has done with the franchise. I've never been a fan of Boba Fett, so this may be the first Mando helmet I add to my collection.

Any of the painters on here have any idea what kind of paints you need to use to make that metallic finish!?

The armor looks like steel for crying out loud

What a paint job

I see the soft fabric parts being tricky , i wonder if there is someone who will be able to have a hook up to make patterns accessible to people who are trying to make this work

Well the blaster looks like it is based on a Bergmann Prototype Model No1 from 1893.

View attachment 1010221

My knowledge of any weapon pre-WW2 is so limited I basically don't know anything about it, at first I thought The Mandalorian's blaster pistol was a cross between a Mauser and a Luger with added parts. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing knowledge!

I also have noticed that The Mandalorian is NOT wearing a codpiece, this would definitely open up his range of mobility. Personally, although the codpieces are very helpful they have restricted my ability to sit down in my armor and move properly with how much I as well as Mandalorians are active within the galaxy.

Best of luck to anyone making The Mandalorian's armor! I can't wait to see everyone's progress!

Nice spot on the base pistol! To me the grip is reminiscent of a Luger, and the hammer of a c96. No gun expert here, looking forward to you folks spotting them. ;)

I kinda like the DL-ish muzzle, though the tip looks a bit like an enlarged c96, a little odd to me but will probably grow.

Any of the painters on here have any idea what kind of paints you need to use to make that metallic finish!?

The armor looks like steel for crying out loud

What a paint job
maybe Alumaster/Imperiflex? they used on a lot of the marvel costumes like war machine/thors hammer etc i'm lead to believe

bren gun starwars.png

Hey guys, so I was just analyzing some pics of Gina Carano wielding what I assume to be an automatic blaster of some sort. The weapon had to be built up on an LMG of some sort I opened the discussion up to a buddy of mine and we were able to deduce some key aspects of it. The overall frame, receiver, gas assembly, and barrel are from a BREN gun. The magazine slung under it is a German MG15 saddle drum 75 round magazine for use on aircraft turret positions or a copy of one. We have no clue what the bipod is from although I'd imagine it's from a real weapon. There's a lot of greeblies that have been humped up all over it and the weapon has also been cut in places to add enhancements or details. A key point that has us stumped at the moment is the grip. From what we can see under Gina's hand, it's obviously a modern polymer piece. Whether or not it was bought, modified, or made to fit the BREN gun trigger group is the question.

I'll include some more pics for convenience.

Bren gun receiver and sight.png

Here's a good shot of the right of the receiver which matches perfectly to what Gina's got. The rear sight was a dead giveaway as were the two pins in the trigger group.

Bren Gun Right.png

Here's forward of the Receiver which proves a perfect match for the carry handle. However, one can also see the two protrusions below the weapon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back