Mandalorian prop in season 2 of Grisha - Shadow and bone. Don't open if you want the surprise!

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey there,
quick message for something fun I noticed the other day while watching the new season of Grisha - Shadow and bone.

At the end of the first episode of the season 2, PAF! Mando blaster!

funny how props get re-used!

mandoblasterGrisha.jpg

cheers

I am not sure it is a reused item. I mean I would be very surprised because the whole series were shot in Hungary and we only had one non Hungarian in the props department and it was DERYCK BLAKE as the prop master. The rest of the props guys were all Hungarians and none of them has any connections credit wise to any Mandaloran episodes.

The only thing I can imagine if they had a reshoot of that scene and they did it in England instead coming back to Hungary. Which would be weird considering we had everything packed and stored in warehouses in Hungary but I’ve seen many weird things in this business so everything is possible :D also I have no idea which scene is this and how much they used this gun at all. If it is something major and they visibly use it in many scenes and cuts then it is much more likely a prop they used here in Hungary.

I am not sure it is a reused item. I mean I would be very surprised because the whole series were shot in Hungary and we only had one non Hungarian in the props department and it was DERYCK BLAKE as the prop master. The rest of the props guys were all Hungarians and none of them has any connections credit wise to any Mandaloran episodes.

The only thing I can imagine if they had a reshoot of that scene and they did it in England instead coming back to Hungary. Which would be weird considering we had everything packed and stored in warehouses in Hungary but I’ve seen many weird things in this business so everything is possible :D also I have no idea which scene is this and how much they used this gun at all. If it is something major and they visibly use it in many scenes and cuts then it is much more likely a prop they used here in Hungary.
This is the end of the first episode of season two. The character, chief of the privateers uses this as his main weapon all along the season. I'm not sure anymore this is a reuse either because of the differences but it is so weird they would have copied that gun if not reused.
Just to be clear, this is not just a Bergmans either, it has the distinct Mando handle.
Weird stuff!

Given that the Mandalorian one is based on a real gun and its not even modified too much then that just looks like either an original or replica of an original. Its actually pretty accurate to the era that Shadow and Bone is based on anyway as far as firearms tech.

Given that the Mandalorian one is based on a real gun and its not even modified too much then that just looks like either an original or replica of an original. Its actually pretty accurate to the era that Shadow and Bone is based on anyway as far as firearms tech.
Like I said just above, the handle is like mando's version. The original has a curved pointy handle.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back