"replicating" a prop that never existed, from a novel...

scathe

Hey friends,

I'm looking to build a thread to document a project I'm working on in the paper prop world. But instead of making a replica of an existing prop, I'm going to build a prop that doesn't exist in the canon.

Specifically, I'm making a travel journal for a character on a road trip, Shadow Moon from the novel American Gods (not the TV show). The goal is to have diary entries from him, other people find and scribble in it, random maps and receipts and so forth pasted in, that kind of thing.

The thing is, I'm a new kid here and don't know the forum very well. What section should I put that thread in?

Cheers and thanks,

Scathe

I'd say paper props, but since it's a journal I think this is a safe place to reside. If you are interested in some of the paper props used in the show for some of the locations mentioned in the book I can definitely help provide reference.

Sounds cool. Since it's going to be a physical prop, this section seems like a good place for it. :)
Thanks! It seemed the logical spot but I wanted to make sure.

I'd say paper props, but since it's a journal I think this is a safe place to reside. If you are interested in some of the paper props used in the show for some of the locations mentioned in the book I can definitely help provide reference.
Thanks for the thread guidance, and even more so for your generous offer! What a warm welcome!

If you have anything to hand, I'd be curious what it looks like, but the novel and the show are different beasties, and I probably have a very different viewpoint from the creators of the show, so please don't go to any trouble on my account.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back