Unlimited Run Mal Reynolds Pistol - Firefly & Serenity Version (3D Printed Kit)

Re: Mal Reynolds Pistol (3D Printed Kit)

3 kits done, starting on the 4th. Hope to have all purchased kits shipped by next Friday.

Hello rgriesbeck

I'm in!!! Payment and PM will be sent as soon as I hit the Office this morning!!!

darkev2

Got mine in the mail this morning, can't wait to take it home and start the process of putting together.

Thanks rgriesbeck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello rgriesbeck

Got mine in the mail this afternoon :D !!!! It looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Nice!!! Can't wait to see the assembly guide!!!!

Thanks Again!!!

darkev2

Glad people are starting to get the kits! I'll post up an assembly guide in the next day or two...

Assembly Guide:

This is a pretty easy one to do, but remember sand, sand then sand some more. I usually start at 80, then 150 then 220 grit. Crazy or super glue is all you'll need to stick it all together.

1) After sanding, clean out the areas where to trigger and hammer fit.

2) Then what I did is using the spare piece of filament, cut 2 pieces that will go through one side of the gun through the trigger and into the other side. Do the same for the hammer, you may have to drill out the holes if they're a bit small. Once everything fits, glue the inner sides of the body and clamp it together. Don't glue to close to the trigger or hammer or you'll glue them in place.

3) That's really the biggest part. now just start assembling the pieces onto the body. Pick and choose which side pieces you want to make either the movie or TV gun

4) Assemble the 2 pieces that hold the clip in place, then glue it onto the body.

5) The barrel is a real tight fit, Sand and/or cut bits away until it slides into place, then glue.

6) Now it's just simply just gluing the rest of the pieces on, then using some filler to fill the seams. Then sand and paint.

Thanks for the info rgriesbeck :D :thumbsup

Anyone of the new owners of the kit did already start to built, or better, is already going to finish/paint the gun?
If so, any tips on the finishing? Thanks in advance!

Just got mine. Technically arrived yesterday, but missed the post man.
I didn't notice the wood grain in the handle until I looked at the real thing. Can't wait to build it.
I'm thinking of trying to get the insides of a toy gun so I can make the trigger and hammer work.

Awesome that they're getting delivered. Thanks for the positive feedback, its always appreciated.

Just got mine. Technically arrived yesterday, but missed the post man.
I didn't notice the wood grain in the handle until I looked at the real thing. Can't wait to build it.
I'm thinking of trying to get the insides of a toy gun so I can make the trigger and hammer work.

You can modify the ABS kits pretty easily if you have a dremel tool and some craft wood plus super glue. I modified Rob's Hellboy gun (comic version) to a single action by adding a couple of springs and cutting/sanding some craft wood to mimic a gun's internals, and saturated the wooden extensions with super glue for hardness.
You can see a pic here:
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=344996&d=1404393297

The hardest thing, I think is figuring out a spring configuration that will work for you. With the Mal Reynold's gun, it looks like there is a ton of space you could hollow out to orient the action and attach springs. My mod was free because I had all of the stuff in scrap craft bits. But you might need to check an RC hobby shop and look for some springs.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back