Making my own Army of Two Costume. Lots of foam

Tgirookie

Well this is another project I have going on. Army of two. Made the mask out of Pepakura templates and used craft foam.

WP_001386.jpg

WP_001379.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, that looks pretty awesome! Just remember with that file to harden it SLOWLY from the inside out. I learned the hard way with that thing that if the inside isn't harden first the sides will warp in.

Edit: Nevermind, lol as I was posting I see you posted new pics with it already hardened

Hey, that looks pretty awesome! Just remember with that file to harden it SLOWLY from the inside out. I learned the hard way with that thing that if the inside isn't harden first the sides will warp in.

Edit: Nevermind, lol as I was posting I see you posted new pics with it already hardened

LOL its ok. Yeah that's a good advice. I actually had to put chop stick in the back of the helmet (first picture) to keep its shape when I applied the resin.

The cool thing about these masks is that you really don't have to smooth it so much the rougher the better. ;)

Mask is finished. I dremeled the details. I love the roughness of it. Primer first and then painted it black with a lite coat of metallic silver and rubbed it under the eye with a rag.

Covered the inside with black craft foam and i used some left over pool screen enclosure mesh. Used a lot of glue sticks lol

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back