Making a display case for mask

avpfan36

I purchased a complete DB P1 G2 mask and bio from Seahunterr not too long ago, which is in the mail and should be here pretty soon. Anyways, I was talking to a friend of mine about making some kind of display case for it. He said he could probably make one out of Lexan cutoffs that are laying around his workplace. I'm trying to figure out is what to put the actual mask on inside the case, what do you guys put your masks on for displaying? It'll have to be up high enough so that the dreads will be relaxed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

NOTE: If this is in the wrong section, I apologize. Mods feel free to move it somewhere more appropriate if needed.

I have seen some people use hat stands.

other than that sorry im no help.

also not sure where this should go , ill move it when ive had more coffee if needed hehe.

I think I see where Usurper is going with this, good idea.

One thing you could do is get a speaker stand, like this one: http://audiostand.org/wp-content/uploads/a...aker-stands.jpg

You could attach a mannequin head to the top to hold your Predator head. You could also get some clay that hardens, that way after you sculpt it onto the stand and in your desired look, you could paint it. You could make it look like a spine, a trophy pike, predator spear, or whatever you want; or you could leave it as it.

Just some ideas....good luck!

I really like the speaker stand idea! My buddy could probably weld something like that up out of aluminum cutoffs, will have to spray paint it black though... Any more ideas guys? :p

A wooden circular base and some aluminum water piping. I have my mask on base just like this. Got the idea from seeing Steve Wangs display bases and Mels mask display bases. Right at the top where the mask is going to rest Jam a wig head so the mask can rest on that.

Then i bought a Fish tank for $160.00 to display it in...

Can see a picture of what i'm talking about....

Steve Wang Display

My mask display:

display.jpg

Display01.jpg

Or you could use hardboard/cardboard and resin :)

base.jpg

base1.jpg

baseresin.jpg

finp2a.jpg

If i could just make a glass or perspex case id be happy.

im sure there are plenty of other things we can use, we just gota think outside the box.

I find this interesting, and something I might try someday. So you took a wooden box, glued cardboard in layers to some sort of hard board surface, then slopped a layer of gelcoat over the whole thing to make it textured looking?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back