Need to get large decal printed for display case - advice needed

SpaceCrawler

I just acquired this display unit from a store going out of business. It's almost 7 feet tall and lights up from the inside. I thought I could convert it to a Star Wars or sci fi case and display some 1/6 figures in it, thought it had a somewhat Blockade Runner look to the inside (white, backlit panels, etc).

To really finish it I want to get a couple of large decals for the top portion and the bottom (where you see the Von Zipper logos- I already removed the existing decal from the bottom center door panel). The yellow "VZ" sign on the top can be unscrewed but I can also cover that and put something there.

Anyone know where I could get something like that made? I planed to photoshop some Star Wars art together- but I just don't know who prints that type of thing. Any advice appreciated.

Sean

IMG_2729.jpg

Look online for local sign shops. Depending on the size, it may be cheaper to buy a Silhouette Cameo and just do the decals yourself if they are simple.

TazMan2000

Depending on the size.. you may be able to use a hobby vinyl cutter (Silhouette Cameo mentioned)... <-- thats the one I have as well.

But it only goes roughly 12" across.. (but can print up to 10' on a roll of vinyl I believe)..

Are you looking for a 'solid' sheet.. or an actual cut out vinyl piece?

What is your budget? If money is no object, you can get a sign shop to print out large adhesive decals. Yes, they can do it easily, but it will not be cheap. I asked one to print out a 12 x12 inch company logo on clear media and it cost me over a hundred bucks. Shop around, but most places usually have a minimum charge. The printers that can print these quality graphics are ultra expensive, and so the sign shops charge a lot so they can recoup the cost, and pay the overhead.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back