Announcement Major site upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
It has been a great many years (almost a decade) since we have made a major change with the forum software, but the time has come (been long overdue) to do so.

Sadly, the provider of our current platform simply has not been keeping up with technology, especially mobile devices and it is forcing us to seek another solution. This solution has already been implemented at our other sites, TheDentedHelmet.com, Predatorium.com, and 405th.com and has been very successful. We expect the same here. With that being said, whenever there is a move of this magnitude there are always lingering issues and problems and we do ask for your patience, especially with a site as large and as old as the RPF (which has been migrated more than 6 times by our count in the past).

We have been setting this process up for more than a year now and have had several false starts, but are confident we will be successful. We are looking at moving the week of Nov 4-10. The site is likely to be down for at least a couple of days followed by a couple of weeks to complete cleanup and implement all the little corrections that will be needed. We will close the site Sunday, Nov 4 at 10PM PST to begin preparation. It is HIGHLY unlikely that the site will be back up prior to Wednesday, Nov 7. This is the longest time we have been down since... well, since those idiot Russians hacked us. While we are down, please check out our sister sites:

https://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums

https://www.405th.com/forums/

https://www.predatorium.com/forums/

Or you can check out our Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/therpf/

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck with the upgrade operation ! I hope it will all go smooth
And above all: thanks for having created a hangout for us in the first place.It's the first thing I check when I wake up
I expect withdrawal symptoms around the 5th :wacko

Sounds good, Art! I look forward to seeing the improved mobile platform.

Any opportunity for us aspiring graphic designers to make new graphics or banners for ya?

Sean

Sounds good, Art! I look forward to seeing the improved mobile platform.

Any opportunity for us aspiring graphic designers to make new graphics or banners for ya?

Sean

Possibly! The initial look will be very plain and basic, but we can add as we go!

IhE0hGq.jpg

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue…

Good luck with the changeover, and thank you for taking such good care of this place!

Nooooooo! Who am I going to talk to now for 6 days if it takes that long....don't force me to interact with the real world, I'm not ready for that!

But seriously, all the best with the update and I appreciate your efforts to keep such an amazing site kicking ;)

Regards dan

I hope everything goes according to plan fellas good luck..........WAIT A MINUTE .....................

3 whole days without the RPF !!!
I don’t drink or smoke, what the hell am I going to do without you, I check in at least 6 times a day,
3 days of rocking in my chair, looking at a picture of the RPF logo won’t cut it,
OHHHHH NOOOOOO I’m going to have to talk to the wife !!!!!!! OMG your forcing me to go and buy more colouring books !!!
I need more pens and crayons and paper and water yes water I need water and chips/crisps, chocolate, what else ? What else? 3 days of isolation from the RPF !!! I never thought this day would ever come !! Didn’t you guys ever stop to think of us addicts and what It would do to us.

I will be fine (sob sob sob)..........

it’s going to be fine, I’m going to be fine, ( repeat and chant, repeat and chant )
oh look a butterfly

see you Wednesday im going for a long sleep !!! (starting Sunday night )

Last edited:
DISHES! VACUUM CLEANING! COUNTING SHEEP (or Millenium Falcons...) ! AAAARGH !
(Just razzing :D be brave y'all)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back