"MagnaTRON" Home Theater Room With Movie Props

I got one really well made via a kick starter
from Cinks-Labs!

The kick starter worked and you can now purchase from them, there is different models (milky way, universe...)and lighted basis as well

Im extremely pleased with mine!

Cheers
Francois

I see the universe one, but it just looks like a cloudy crystal (I've got two real crystals that naturally look similar). It won't let me search for the supposed Milky Way one without signing up (to be spammed). No thanks. Any site that won't let you even look or give the price without giving an email address is up to no good, IMO.

I've been working on upgrading my home theater system since last August from a 6.1 system to a hybrid 11.1.6 system with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro-3D. That's 11 speakers on the floor, 1 subwoofer (for now) and 6 speakers overhead. I was originally going to put drapes along the front half of the room and movie posters in the back and then I got onto this notion of having movie props (mostly full size with a few scale ones) on the shelves under the posters and then it spilled into the front as well and even the half bathroom off the side of the theater.

Let's take a visual tour.... (click on pics for larger view)

Original Layout Diagram followed by proposed/final speaker layout angles below. Speakers are all PSB brand with mostly matching drivers (PSB Image T45, B15, S50, Imagine X1T and CS500 are used) except the subwoofer which is a 15" model from Def Tech. I use multiple receivers and outboard mixers and processors to add more channels to the base 7.1.4 layout (Dolby Pro Logic "center" extraction creates "top middle" between front and rear heights and mixers create 'matrixed' front wides and surround #2 (basically rear wides for between the 2nd/3rd row of seating). The primary AVR is a Marantz SR7012 with Audyssey Room Correction:

View attachment 1013960 View attachment 1013961View attachment 1014009View attachment 1014008

Finished Layout Room Evolution (Star Wars and Tron posters get swapped later for props reasons):
View attachment 1013974View attachment 1013964View attachment 1013975View attachment 1013963 View attachment 1013962View attachment 1013976View attachment 1013977

Time for Some Props:

View attachment 1013983 View attachment 1013984 View attachment 1013985View attachment 1013991 View attachment 1013987 View attachment 1013990View attachment 1013989
View attachment 1013992View attachment 1013993View attachment 1013995View attachment 1013996 View attachment 1013997View attachment 1014005View attachment 1013986

Raiders of the Lost Ark Props (More on the way: Hasbro 1/6 Scale Ark is next):

View attachment 1013998View attachment 1013994View attachment 1014000 View attachment 1014001 View attachment 1014002 View attachment 1014003 View attachment 1013999

Even the Bathroom isn't safe! These guys invaded and are up to no good! (Fifth Element Stones with tea cup candle holders on top are on their way for the big shelf on the left side of the bathroom; you know use scented candles in them matching the elements in case someone takes a blast! :D )

View attachment 1014007

Thanks for viewing my home theater in progress!

I have plans to add a second sub and possibly a 2.35:1 screen with a 4K/3D projector with power zoom memory (currently an Epson 3100 2K/3D projector and 92" 16:9 screen).

I'm looking at getting a "Raven Bar" medallion soon and a Hasbro 1/6 scale Ark of the Covenant is on the way as well and some more "memory orbs" for the Blade Runner 2049 "reader" as well as an alternate crystal ball for the Harry Potter prophesy stand with fading light puck behind it that shows a the Milky Way galaxy in the ball when it lights up (laser engraved).
Good thing the Lament puzzle box is in a glass cloche. Wouldn't want anyone opening that door ;):lol:

I see the universe one, but it just looks like a cloudy crystal (I've got two real crystals that naturally look similar). It won't let me search for the supposed Milky Way one without signing up (to be spammed). No thanks. Any site that won't let you even look or give the price without giving an email address is up to no good, IMO.

I agree for the universe one. I would not pay for this one.
But the Milky way is really nice!!

I did a copy/paste of the name from Google and did not even noticed that a link was attached...

For the site, you looked the original one right? If not here is the correct Link

I agree for the universe one. I would not pay for this one.
But the Milky way is really nice!!

Yeah, that one is much nicer. It costs about 10x what I paid ($9 US) for the generic galaxy one, though (and $11 for the light base from Amazon). I actually have a crystal ball size version as well (looks like the Eye of Sauron sphere at a distance so I set it next to my Ring of Power) and it was only $24 US.

Good thing the Lament puzzle box is in a glass cloche. Wouldn't want anyone opening that door ;):lol:

Yeah I put it in glass ever since that one time last year a guest opened the damn thing when I was upstairs getting popcorn and I had one hell of a time getting the resulting stains out of the carpet....

That's the main reason I upgraded the theater! All the furniture had to be replaced and half the wiring snapped when the walls split open! I figured I might as well go Dolby Atmos while I'm at it.I think the one wall is now a bit catawampus as well as something is rattling in it with deep bass.

Another Ark of the Covenant is on its way.... :eek:

Ark Of The Covenant New.jpg

OK, I wish it looked that good. ;)

My 'next' Ark has arrived. Sadly, it's not as detailed as Indy Magnoli's recreation above, but it's fun to take photos with at least. :D

New Ark of the Covenant S.jpg

Wait! I found this guy sneaking around my Ark! (Thank goodness I installed the camera security system!) These photos are from my security cameras. I can't show the final photo as the guy died when he touched the ark. :D

Ark dude stand S.jpg

Ark dude Grab S.jpg

New Overview (moved idol and three medallions to bookshelf display where I think the idol looks better). I moved the "Ring of Power" display to the corner where the ring gets more light (since the idol isn't there any longer). I moved Landron bases to spots beside the Ark and put the two Relicmaker medallions in them on either side (with new chain necklace on the "Raven Bar" one) with the German one off to the right. I've still got another Medallion version on the way as well.

Indy Overview Necklace S.jpg
Raven Bar Chain S2.jpg

I got my sphinx scale models in from The Neverending Story today.... 6 inches high. I'm thinking now maybe the 12 inch version would have been better, but then it would probably block part of my Star Wars display on the right side (I wanted the sphinxes to face each other in the room like a gateway into the back).

Neverending Sphinx L s.jpg
Neverending Sphinx R s.jpg
Neverending Sphinx Overview s.jpg

Not sure where to put these exactly (necklace was dirt cheap, so I figured what the heck) and the second one isn't really a movie prop, but was a prop on Ancient Aliens and some other UFO shows and it looked pretty cool.

Stargate Origins "Ra Necklace"

Stargate Origins Ra Necklace S.jpg

Roswell Crash I-Beam replica with 'hieroglyphics' writing

Roswell I_Beam Artifact S.jpg

I've replaced my Haunted Studios Falcon (well moved it to my music room to perch on the piano) with an "Oz" Falcon that has a finish that more closely resembles the "lead covered by black enamel" from the movie, IMO). The first picture shows a comparison between the two and the second the new display:

Falcons Compare 2s.jpg

Oz Falcon Shelf S.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back